Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well, I just got back from an AA meeting!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Jan 5, 2003.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

But I'm OK now that I've mixed my first drink of the evening... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    It was my step daughters birthday speech, she had a year on Christmas( I'm pretty proud of her)But what a bunch of trippy people.They don't get high anymore but none of them could sit still or shut up for more than 10 minutes /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif , over to the coffee bar out for a smoke, coffee , smoke ,coffee ,smoke, yeah they don't get high anymore..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

AA people consume more nicotine and caffeine than any other demographic group by at least 50%, I'm sure.
    -- Mike

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    AA people consume more nicotine and caffeine than any other demographic group by at least 50%, I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ] Except cops.........well me at least. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I had my only DUI ten years ago. Had to go to a month's worth of AA meetings. I called it "The Whiners Club". Seems those people had more problems AFTER they quit drinking than before... Go figure? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

HAHA... I got a DUI about 11 years ago and had to go to 5 AA meetings. You could go to as many as you wanted in a day, so in order to get it over with and out of the way, I went to 3 different meetings one Saturday /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I really needed a drink after that /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

When my kid was in treatment, we had to visit and stay there for three days of intense family theropy, it sucked ass, the classes were 10 hours a day(brain washing sesions)one was even 11 and then they told us we had to stay there and be locked down with everyone else. I don't think so, we stayed in a hotel and you can bet I had drinks when we got back to our room...... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

In my opinion, Drug &amp; Alcohol treatment is a complete waste of time and money !!!!!!!! If someone isn't ready to quit useing, no treatment is going to make a damn bit of difference, except help the person hide thier problem, and when someone is ready to quit, they will, so treatment is pointless !!!!!! That's just the opinion of someone who has been court ordered into treatment programs a few times. First thing I did when I'd get out is go get fawked up !!!!!!!!

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yep, but my kid wanted the help so we gave it a shot, I honestly didn't think she could do it, I'm glad to say I was wrong.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Well, I just got back from an AA meeting!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, you can lead a horse to water, but...........

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

i'm still in highschool, and currently i have 4 teachers in AA, hahaha, they don't admit it, but when i was bein a wise ass lookin at all the stuff on some of their desks when they weren't there i saw all the letters and stuff, what a bunch of quitters, no dedication!

p.s. - i'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings, i'm just a very thirsty drunk - and i'm only 16...don't worry tho, no drinky and drivey for me

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah that's real cool... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Exactly what Laketex said... with extra /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif's... I don't see what's so cool about drinking... I got drunk for the first time in April, and it was probably one of my most embarrassing moments... The next morning was the worst part. I do like some drinks, but I'm not big on getting drunk again... Plus I felt really bad because my parents thought I was a good kid, and I never had anything to hide from them till that night /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've done my stint in college, but it wasn't worth it. Now I've moved on. I'll still have a beer or two with my buddies, but getting drunk is a thing of the past. Back when I was 16 though, I was never doing stuff like that, much less being proud of it. The kid that posted right before me is trying to grow up too fast and looking more immature in the process...and triple /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif now that I think about it~

14. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

i'm just a very thirsty drunk - and i'm only 16

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[​IMG]

15. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

yeah man, congratulations!!!!!

16. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Hey SickboySS.....I imagine my fellow officers I will be seeing you soon. Yake some free advice............wait until you are of age. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've done my stint in college, but it wasn't worth it. Now I've moved on. I'll still have a beer or two with my buddies, but getting drunk is a thing of the past.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Same here. On my 18th birthday I remember sitting in the dorm and taking 3 tall boys of JACK D (about 18 shots), in less than 15 mintues. Other nights included mixing beer with hard shots and margaritas containing more tequila than mix and ice. Never had a hangover though! and only got sick once (about 14 hours of drinking going from guiness at the midevil bar for lunch, to corona at the jazz club, to miller light penny pitcher special at a night club).
    I have some good stories though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I never got carded till after I was of age either /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

18. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I was an alcoholic from age 14 to probably 22. In school I was drinking close to every night &amp; doing stupid stuff. Now I don't even drink anymore. It took a long time for me to grow up &amp; realize how stupid I was being.

I'm 31 now. A copuple years back I was talking to an underage kid telling him about the stupid things I had done &amp; that he shouldn't do those things. He didn't listen. It's too bad young people think they know everything. If they would just listen every once in a while, they could avoid some of the troubles that we have already gone through.

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Kids have to make their own lives, no sense in everybody beating up on this kid, at least he said he dosent drink and drive and I comend him for that... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

That was kinda my point. When I was 16, I knew everything. I had the world figured out &amp; noone could tell me any different. I'm happy with the way my life turned out but I wsh I could have kept a few more brain cells instead of drinking them away.

If he really doesn't drive after drinking, at least that's a start. I'm not against drinking. I just figured out that, for me, it's not worth the trouble that usually comes with a night of drinking.