Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well I just spent $280 on my friegen PS2

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zcarczar, Aug 26, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Now i cant wait for the SOCOM Navy Seals game to come out and the network adaptor for the PS2 to come out and I will be the first person I know to have my PS2 Online and wireless!

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What did you get? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

The wireless Cable router from linksys, and a wireless network bridge. I just hope i can configure it to work.

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

ping time on the wireless stuff is not real good for gaming (well PC gaming anyways, I dont know how the ps2 online stuff will work yet). Just a thought though if you have problems/frag time that might be the issue. J

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Ive been running it for over 2 months now and it has worked flawless, Its definetaly a plus if your like me and didnt feel like running a Cat 5 cable back to my room. I havent had any problems with ping or anything, usually it works just as fast as when i plug it directly into the router. If anybody wants the equipment i used go ahead and PM me ill tell ya everything ya need to get it running.

6. jjlaughner

Thats cool, I know there where some issues on ping time for PC games like 1st person shooters. I really dont know how the PS2 is setup for online use yet, haven't got into it much.
    When I go wireless I'm thinking about using the d-link 5ghz stuff. The price will come down after x-mas, so I'll see how that goes.
    Later
    J

Hey that is a sharp looking truck, I like the video too
    I wish I could have got some pics duing the painting stage but it was an after hours paint job at the dealer so I didn't complain too much ;->

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

You know whats wierd is that my network works perfect with my PS2, but it does all sorts of wierd things with this stupid laptop im on now, all I do is move the ethernet connection from the PS2 to my laptop. I have a feeling its Windows ME /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.

Thanks, Im lucky to have gotten to see my blazer while it was in the body shop. Its pretty cool cause my dad is the owner of the dealership I get all my body work done at, plus I get almost all of my parts for dealer cost.

8. jjlaughner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I get almost all of my parts for dealer cost.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That would be nice.
    A friend of a friend took my truck in one night striped it down and primed it, next night sanded and painted, thrid wetsand and clear coated it. It came out pretty well for a color change @ 700$'s. I had to paint all the jams and inside the tailgate though. Wasn't too hard since its the 2000 GM med metallic grey.