Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well,I read all the posts on "R77K10"...and...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I am a bit dissapointed in you guys...Yeah,he DID go overboard,and shouldn't have attacked the way he did,and got himself banned--no argument there!..

I had several "second thoughts" about posting my thoughts on this subject,but here goes..at the risk of being flamed or banned..

Did anyone stop to think maybe he was driven to the breaking point before he snapped??...you've all read his posts about his crappy life,and his displeasure with the way he's been living..I cant say my life is any better,or even that much different at this point and time..I don't blame him for having a bad and negative attitude..I know just how he feels..your life sucks all day long,people piss you off to no end...and then you go online,hoping to get away from it,and get the same treatment from folks on the web..

I can vouch for him that a few posters always had to "zing" him with a sarcastic answer,or antagonize him about his spelling,or poke fun at his life situation..I have the same problem here myself with a few of you--look at some of the posts I've answered..you'll see what I mean..

I agree with Randy when he said some here seem to be immune to being reprimanded for insults and crass remarks..I wont name names,you know who you are..

Maybe he does have problems with depression..did anyone think maybe he IS on an anti-depressant,which often CAUSE people to flip out like the way he did?...I suffer from it too,and one reason I haven't snapped is I refused the Prozac and Zoloft they are so quick to prescribe now..I had some very bad episodes after taking that stuff..I find a few stiff drinks work better for me..he probably needs a good friend more than anything..guess he didn't find any here...

Randy knew a lot about GM trucks,and I will miss his posts,even if they often sounded like the ranting of a madman...and I won't forget the roasting he got after he was banned..(even if it was well deserved)..I thought adults didn't act that way--you guys went too far in my opinion......

I hope I am not subjected to that kind of abuse--though I have already had a few disturbing posts with rude comments made to me here....I get enough of it at home and in daily life..dont need to get it on the web too!

So go ahead and flame me if you must..:weld:

I am not defending his outbursts,or his rants of late--maybe Randy was not the most gifted conversationalist here,and had a short fuse and bad manners..but he IS a human being...too bad he wasn't treated like one..I don't know him,never even sent him a PM..but I can see his point of veiw on lots of things,and cant say I disagree...

I am especially dissapointed that of all people,a police officer was among the ones who seemed to get the most pleasure out of kicking him after being banned.(someone who should know better,and not act like that)--that makes me lose respect for cops when I see that kind of behavior(not that I had much to begin with,after getting to know a few of them:ignore: ).......If someone needs to be banned,so be it..but dont tar and feather them on the worldwide web for chrissakes....just let them go quietly...no need to crucify them...:surepal:

Maybe I should just stick to posting in the garage..the lounge is getting ugly here lately...and I wasted 2 hours reading all this soap opera drama..:crazy:

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Bob, i read the first line of your post... and came to one conclusion. i'm a big boy, and dont need your approval.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hello proportion???Yeah you've just blown up!!!

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

There's a police officer on this site?!?! :rolleyes: :blush: :whistle: :ignore:
    Oh woe, poor, poor....awwww, screw it. It's more fun this way. :bow: :haha:

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

we all know that police officers are government trained machines, allowed to have no emotion whatsoever, no matter what the situation.

Randy was an assbag, Randy is an assbag, Randy will always be an assbag. end of story.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

People who dabble in the fine art of igniting spans should cast anchor ASAP, they may not be welcome on CK5 soil....

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Think there was a fireman there too!!!

8. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

could you please describe assbag in full detail? I am kind of afraid i might have one or i am one. Thanks in advance...

9. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

10. MTChevy

describe not show... sheesh!

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Who? Oh how I wonder who? Can you tell me who? The suspense is killing me! :whistle: :rotfl: :haha: :D

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Assbag
    n.
    1.[stooopid person]-Syn. dolt, dunce, blockhead, Randy;see fool.
    2.Anyone that is full of crap on a constant basis.See Randy.

This is all I could find in the dictionary...:p:

13. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

sorry nanner I thought the pic would work for you.

Suspensfull I am thatK30guy!!!!

14. MTChevy

thank you fumes... i guess i dont have an assbag

15. MTChevy

oh BOB SAGET!!!!

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Bob, I know if for whatever reason you ended up with a 7 day ban you'd take that week to maybe cool down, or reflect on what exactly it was that earned you the ban. Randy used that week to find ways to blame everyone but himself for the ban...then returned and had a meltdown.

Having a tough life is no excuse for being an asshole towards others, you point out that your own life isn't much different yet I don't see you being an asshole...

In short, Randy was often lashing out at others and most of it was pure over-reaction on his part. An isolated incident I would have ignored, when he got the 7 day it was almost everything he'd recently wrote that was over the line. I'd guess there were a dozen or more threads involved all over the site. I had hoped a week to think about it would have helped...but apparently not.

As for the online send off...maybe I could have just locked everything and anything to do with Randy immediately. Seemed like a pretty over-the-top reaction to me though. I felt a few people would run the wheels off and then it'd die...which is pretty much what happened. You can't really expect to come in here, call out a half dozen or more guys and have any and all reactions edited, locked, censored or deleted.

Rene

17. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Well, two observations. One, if you come to the Internet to get away from real life, that is a problem. Two, the Internet is a reflection of real life. So, if you carry baggage, that baggage goes with you wherever you go, including online. Some people use the Internet to try and creat a persona that isn't a true reflection of themselves. This usually doesn't last long and eventually the person's true identity reveals itself.

18. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I was gonna say some stuff....and then I saw Rene replied.

So yea...what he said!

19. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Myspace chicks?

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.