Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

well i won the blazer on ebay...some questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 1, 2003.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah those don't look like 38's to me. 35's or 36's. The fenders are cut, but they still don't look that big.

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Remeber not all tires are the actual hieght that they say they are, some tires are a full 2" smaller than advertised size. Also hard to measure lift for the same reason, some lifts are taller some shorter than advertised. You might be able to tell lift by the rear blocks if it has them, but he might have a combo lift and blocks. As with anything on ebay,You should have resolved issues before placing a bid to protect yourself. You could have asked the lift and tire manufacturer, etc. Technically you are obligated to buy it at that price.

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    How much should i ask off the price if he lied? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

you know this just begs for all kinds of replies /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

for one, i find it hard to believe that YOU can't believe people would lie about what they are selling /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

secondly, like was stated, you don't win an auction to go look at a vehicle and make an offer /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

it has a body lift so he is counting that for the 8". probably a 4" leaf front with add a leaf and a 4" block with an add aleaf then the body lift. those look to be 38" gumbo mudders.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Uh, while we know that you don't have any respect for "doing the right thing" in financial transactions, when you registered on E-Bay you entered into a legal contract. By bidding on this truck, you agreed to PAY the price that you bid. It is YOUR responsibility to ask questions about the item that you're bidding on BEFORE you bid. You WON the bidding process, you now owe the seller the amount that you bid. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif When the auction closed, E-Bay billed the seller for $80, to cover the cost of listing his truck. There may also be a commission, based on the final selling price. So if you don't pay for the truck, at the very least then you OWE the seller the amount that YOU cost him by being the high bidder. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

i dont know much but I know you got a steal on it and need to pay what you won. I just bought a 79 blazer a week ago and gave $2000 for it and I have already put $200 in it to get it running good. Mine does not have huge tires and has rust spots and the interior is trashed. So all in all you got a much better deal than me and I got a steal. Blazers in that condition around here Knoxville TN area bring 2800$ to 3200$ for that same exact condition.

8. bigoltrux77

im prepared to pay the full amount, i wanted this blazer. I was just wondering if when i finally see it, and its nothing like the seller said, if i can talk him down in price instead of just walking away, if its worth it. I had emailed the guy many times, he told me its was 4" susp. 4" body and 38" Gumbos. EEEK 4" body!. The engine supposedly stock, and is a great daily driver. Im sending the deposit today though.

9. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

if the item is as described in the auction,your obligated to purchase it.if there is something he didnt mention in the auction that you dont like,you should have asked more questions.if he deliberatly misled you("very little rust",and in reality,the floor board is totally gone)i wouldnt be afraid to tell him to keep it.that is the only excuse to back out on a binding contract ebay bid.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Funny thing is that auction doesn't say anything about the vehicle running. As far as you know, it doesn't even run and you'll have to trailer it home. At least it doesn't look like a total rustbucket POS.

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Yes it does... [ QUOTE ]
    Vehicle Condition

The transmission has been rebuilt. The truck was painted about 4 years ago. There is very little rust. The interior needs work. It drives and runs good .

[/ QUOTE ]

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

If I went to pick it up and found that he had lied about something I wouldn't have any problems walking away. He lied, his loss!

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    If I went to pick it up and found that he had lied about something I wouldn't have any problems walking away. He lied, his loss!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I missed that part.

14. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Vehicle Condition

The transmission has been rebuilt. The truck was painted about 4 years ago. There is very little rust. The interior needs work. It drives and runs good .

[/ QUOTE ]
    Define very little rust!

Is that very little rust, or very little rust for a 77 Blazer? Big difference!

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree on that one too. If they admit that there is any rust, it's probably pretty bad. The floors of Blazers seem to catch hell!

16. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Vehicle Condition

[/ QUOTE ]
    Define very little rust!

Is that very little rust, or very little rust for a 77 Blazer? Big difference!

[/ QUOTE ]

a good point,indeed

17. bigoltrux77

Just got back from Madison. First off, 36" Gumbos, and 4" lif twith block and 4" body, made from hockey pucks. The rust was horrible where you cant see it. Underneath etc. And when i tried to start it, i couldnt get it to start for like 5 min, when it did, the vlaves were ticking like a timex!!!! I straight up told him its not my responsability to pay for this piece of crap and i walked away. No more Ebay for me. I got lucky this time. Im sticking with people on here, when i buy my truck. Thanks guys!

18. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif When you originally posted the auction, I was about to reply with, "based on the looks of the engine compartment, run away quickly." Sounds like my initial thought was correct. I'm glad you were able to back out...it sounds like it's a piece of work.

On a side note, I wish I would have seen you were coming to Madison. We could have met up or something because I'm in Madison for school right now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

pull the back carpet up and take a scredriver and check around the front floors. Sounds like you ALREADY bought it though

[​IMG]