Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well......I'm back from TDS ( yeah already )

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mtnman210, Mar 3, 2006.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Technically I didn't really go to TDS though. I blew my rear end on the 10 about cherry ave. I put a nice whole through the diff cover as well. After waiting for a tow I finally made it back to the valley about 5. I pulled the cover to see what was left. Actually the ring/pinion/and spiders have a few marks but look ok. I blew the Posi to hell. I then found the probelm...I'm missing a ring gear bolt it must have come off and bounced around in there, I also found that ALL my ring gear bolts were pretty much out.

This brings up my TDS record...I've attempted to go for the last 3 years and broke 2 of the times on the way down there. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

These damn rear ends are blowing left and right. At least Sunny had a better story about his than you do about yours.:haha:

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I know I need to make it sound cooler...ok I'll think up a story and get back to you

4. Esteban86K5

Atta way to put your imagination to work.:haha:

5. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that it went bad for you.

But I am looking forward to the second draft of your mishap!:wink1:

6. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

That sucks! do a 14bolt and be done with the rear! I couldnt get down there either. I did get my rig on the road though.

Esteban, you didnt go this year?

I am wanting to go snow running tomorrow anyone in? Thinking of Bald Mtn. up by Shaver Lake.

7. Esteban86K5

I don't have a truck to go in. And not many from my club were going so it wasn't really worth the drive to ride shotgun with someone else.

Basketcatch from NorCal is up in the Bald mountain area this weekend retrieving a stuck Blazer.

8. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I came back Sat. afternoon/PM.
    It poured rain all the way to Corona, by Indio it was blowing dust. Kept blowing dust until sundown. Josh chased me down, so I got with the group. I wheeled for a while Fri. night; the other guys were out 'til 12:00-1:00. Went out again after breakfast Sat. Everybody else was still asleep. Headed home after lunch. It took 4 1/2 hours to drive a three hour trip. 60W to 91W is a giant PITA; heck, 91 is a PITA. Burp worked perfectly. Later, gotta go.
    Extra; Sat. weather was perfect.

P3040301.JPG

9. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

well we finaly made it back aroun 1100 last night:o . I lost my clutch master cylnder on the way out and was with a clutch push every 10 min :doah: . Jason brought me a new on friday and was wheeling fri night:D . Got a few new dents and scratches but mostly enjoyed showing up jeepers:saweet: . Only winched out a ditch once, steering craped out. Josh lost his slave clutch cylnder sat night relaced it sun and on the way home blew a fusable link (:confused: ?) so it got towed:1zhelp: . I had a great time I would like to go back before next TDS. Sorry have no pics, too busy wheeling and wrenching. :p: :burb:

10. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

That sucks!