Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well I'm Back!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Paxx, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Well I\'m Back!

Hey everyone /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Had just a rocking trip /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif The truck did better than I ever would have imagined, the terrain as impressive as ever, the people were the [censored], the partying was off the hook, all in all who could ask for anything more. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just want to apologize for making everyone worry about me with the last minute change in plans. Vegas just wasn't in the cards this year and I had had people expecting me there. Sorry guys.

Ok you guys ready for the novel /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Anyways it all started off on Mon the 27th. Left town at 4:30pm and was 1200 miles away in Moab by Tues the 28th at 11:00pm. Just in time to hit the local bar and have a couple.

Ended up hooking up with a bunch of locals, watching a scrap, hitting a house party followed by a hotel party, then to bed.

Next day I met up with Dirk after doing some sight seeing in arches park. We shot the [censored] for a while then the first highlight of the trip came along in the form of a 68 camaro ssr with a 396 BBC /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif We hit 90mph grabbed 3rd gear and broke the tires loose. That thing was more fun than the Viper I rode in this summer. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

So the next day I sat around and waited for members to start showing up. Sandman was the first to arrive and after setting up his camp we went and hit the dump bump and potato salad hill before heading back to camp. Met up with the AZ boys then hit the hay.

Friday we went and ran Behind the Rocks. Awesome trail, tons of fun. Recieved the only tug I needed all weekend on white knuckle hill.
    [​IMG]
    Highlight #2 of the weekend was climbing up nose dive unassisted. I was stoked. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

After we finished the trail it was time for the BBQ. I think over half the party figured out I was the Canadian Kid as soon as they saw the beers hanging off my belt /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The BBQ was great, thanks to everyone who helped put it on. I won a nice CK5 hoodie and a great hat from ORD. After that everyone cleared out a little too quickly for stormtrooper and myself so we decided to hang out and drink some beers in the parking lot of the motel 6 and wrench on my truck a bit. Not before getting the new official picture for next years Blazer Bash off of Steve's truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [​IMG]

Next day was cliffhanger with the sheetmetal gang /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It went very well and we all had a blast with no breakage for anyone and only a couple of minor dents. We almost did something stupid and try to chase the big boys into pritchett but thankfully we didn't. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Then a big thanks to JMS and wife for the meal after the trail. More drinking in the parking lot ensued after an entertaining night in the bar again. Very entertaining night in the bar /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Sunday we ran a long trail consisting of Poison Spider, Gold Spike, and Gold Bar Rim. Good times and of course a Blazer Bash just wouldn't be the same without Dirk pulling some redneck [censored] and backing up something. So last year was rocker knocker and this year was Double Whammy.
    [​IMG]

A great dinner at Zax followed, with of course, More Drinking! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Monday most people had left but the remainder of our group + newcomer PJTPW headed to Hells Revenge to play around for the day. A big thanks to Ryan (PJTPW) for letting me pilot his rig over a couple of the nastier obstacles on the trail and again for helping me experience my first flop /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More drinking followed of course and we called it a night.

Next day it was time to leave so I packed up and headed straight across Nevada to Cali. Nevada has a serious rabbit problem. Oh and untuned, carb'd trucks get horrible mileage through mountain ranges in the 6000 to 9500 foot range. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hit Cali and stopped for a swim in Redding.
    [​IMG]

Then I drove to go see the redwoods and the ocean. Got to the redwoods after dark and drove the coast the next day in fog so thick I couldn't even see the ocean. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif That was a waste of $300 in gas and 12 hours of driving. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Hit Vancouver BC and then the real partying started. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Met up with this gang
    [​IMG]

and things got a little out of hand for the next week. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'd tell you what happened but /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Too much booze. The shakes are just finally going away enough to type this all out /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Arrived home on the 13th and thats where it all ends.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Born Max Picton in Calgary AB. (JK)

Special thanks to
    Stormtrooper
    Moab John
    Dirk
    JMS
    Steve Fox
    Doc Watson
    PJTPW
    Sandman
    TwistedJack
    And anyone else I forgot.

You guys all helped make this one of the best trips I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. See you all next year for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

PS I added the rest of the photos to the picture link. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Re: Well I\'m Back!

[ QUOTE ]
    Special thanks to
    Stormtrooper

[/ QUOTE ]
    Anytime Bro, It was a great time and I'll join you on any wheelin trip /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Very entertaining night in the bar /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    nuff said.....
    Cool story and it sounds like a great time. Glad you pulled it off without a hitch. I'm Glad to be part of the adventure /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Glad you made it back ok. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can always count on me to do at least one stupid thing each trip. Makes for good photos.

Ryan

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Good to hear you made it back OK! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You gonna sleep for a week now? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

glad to se you made it home. i am working on somthing to top the car ride for next year. i hate to have you come back just to be disapointed. not sure what yet but have a few things in mind.you will just have to wate and see /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.giflot of good pics , thanks.any mods going on the truck any time soon?

6. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I can't wait to see what you have in store for me next year Dirk. If you can top the ride in the 68 /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Damn!

As far as new truck mods I have a few things I want to get done. One of them is an idea that is a little different for sure. I'm thinking a hydro clutch set up, that could be ran up to your shifter. It would get rid of the 3 foot boogie and would just be plain sweet. Not too sure if it would work like I want it to but I have a while to figure it out. For now I have to focus on getting my snowboarding gear together for Fernie. I'll have all winter to think about it.

JMS I was quite pleased to see my rig in your article. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Put a smile on my face. Plus it made all of my non-wheeling friends think that much more of my truck because there is an article on the internet about it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif