Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well I'm Off to See the...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BurbLover, Oct 21, 2006.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

World of Outlaw Sprints. They ran last night in Phoenix & are in Tucson tonight at the track I volunteer at. That track opens in an hour & I need to be there then. The local dirt modifieds will be running a special invitational too that was open to the top 20 points guys/gals. I'll be doing all of the announcing for the modified show. Should be some good side-by-side action followed by the post race interview. It's gonna be a blast!!!

If anybody shows up, I'll be the fat guy wearing shorts and a racing t-shirt. You can't miss me :D

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Wow!! What a night of great racing by all classes. However, I was thrown a curve tonight that very well be my 15 seconds of fame. I was asked by the WoO announcer to do the post race inteview of the famous World of Outlaw event. So, I got to do the telecasted inteview in vicory lane with the local modified winner, as well as the top three finished of the WoO Sprints. Man that was cool. Ended up being Donny Shaatz, Broek Tatnell, and Terry McCarl. Had a great time. Now, to find someone that can DVDR it from the Nov 1st airing of it on the Outdoor Channel. This is gonna be cool...at least to me :rolleyes:

3. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

WAY TO GO MARK! Just think I will be able to say I knew him when he was into OFFROADING! Sure glad you had a great time and what a wonderful suprise for you.

fred2mihi

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Yup, my 15 seconds of fame...

[​IMG]

I'm the fat bald guy on the right. In the middle is Donny Schatz, current World of Outlaw Sprint points leader and sure to be this years point champion. He's one of the top 5 or so sprint car drivers in the world.

It might only be cool to me, but that's okay...

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

man, that is toooooo cool.his sponsor THE HOSE DOCTOR??? they suck around here.will you still be a member when you are interveiwing TONY STEWART????:bow:

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

No interviewing Tony Stewart would be a dream, that;s for sure. If been a TS fan since he was running USAC in the 90's. He's just plain awesome!!

As for Donny, his main sponsor is the Parker Store, which is kinda obvious. I know he has several associate sponsors as well. It was kind of a humbling experience. Good racing with Donny dedicating the win to Ted Johnson, the creator of the WoOs, who died Friday evening from a battle with cancer.

And yeah, I'd probably still be a member. Probably not gonna be a paying member again, but at least a member.