Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well it finaly happened..

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by POWERMAD, Jan 5, 2003.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I do believe the lil 305 has decided for me that it is time to put the K5 up for a bit.
    It still runs but the noises coming from inside is enough to make yer butt pucker. LOL
    That last run at the river did her in.
    I was goofing around and the one hole was alot deeper than I thought, I got half way through when I noticed that my feet were getting wet. I look down and have about 2" of water on the floorboards and just then the engine starts to stall.
    I grab reverse and dump the clutch and at first was going nowhere, so I floor it and stayed at 6K for about 30 seconds till I was clear.
    Now The mighty 305 is is singing it's death rattle, I am not sure what happened. I don't think I injested any water, but it is possible that I sucked some up the exhaust.
    What ever it is I am not spending a dime on that plant.
    So now I get to drive the Burb for a bit till I get the Suby going.
    It looks like I will be pulling the plant out of the 73 this weekend and start getting it ready.
    It appears that I have something to send my $$ on besides beer now. LOL
    I do have to say that I am impessed that the 305 has lasted this long.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Looks like its a good time for a motor upgrade! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

It has been time for an upgrade for a long time.
    I have just been going buy that old line of if it aint broke don't fix it.
    If it was anything other than a 305 I would invest the time and $$ to fix it.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

well in a way that sucks but in a way its good /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif lol and as long as the motor was always running when the exhaust was under water you would not suck any through it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif its when you shut it down under whater that it will do that /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Well the ol girl put her foot down today.
    I figured I would just run it to work anyway, I get almost home and on the last hill the clutch starts slipping real bad, I almost didn't get to the top.
    But as always ol girl got me home and did not leave me stranded.
    But I do believe she is tellin me enough is enough.
    The Suby will be here in the AM, then I just have to replace the fuel tank and get all the BS done to be able to drive it.
    It looks like I will be drivin the burb tomorrow though weather I like it or not.