Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

well it happened,

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big83chevy4x4, Jul 12, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Mar 22, 2002
    my truck broke down. we were on our way up to a race about 2.5 hours away. got 8 miles from home and the the truck just preaty much quit, step on the gas and nothin but idled when off the gas, then finely quit totally. first think in my mind was fuel pump.

my parents called my sister to get one and bring it up to us, while i made sure it was the pump. pulled the fuel line off and no gas, yep im right. (filled up the day before /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif) started pulling the pump, the PO was a moron when he installed the tranny cooler, instead of cutting the line, he just ran in all over infront of...the fuel pump /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i had to take the alternator off to get the pump off /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

my sister showed up while i was getting it off. put the new one on and noticed it was the wrong one, the lines were pointed in a different direction. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif i just hooked them up any way making sure they werent kinked. got every thing hooked up, had my mom crank it over, fired right up, sweet, told here to shut it off. i threw the air cleaner on and cleaned up the tools. climbed in and wouldn't start , NOW WTF /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

i pulled the fuel line and had her crank it, had a lot of gas cover the engine...oops /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. ok its not firing, looked back at the distributor, the postive wire wa just barely on there. pushed it back on and fired right up, KEPT IT RUNNING THIS TIME. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

and were on our way, only 1:15 behind now. called a guy up at the races and told him to see what he can do to hold signup open. raced all the way up there, we made it but missed practice. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

lessen to be learned from this story, be prepared; and the bolt that holds the fuel pump can be used to hold the push rod up. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

BTW the track sucked