Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well it rolls again.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by POWERMAD, Feb 20, 2004.

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Mar 4, 2001
    I wish I could be happy and report that it runs well but...
    The 650 carb I got from Ken is junk. Rebuildable but still a Holly.
    So I dropped the 750 Ebrock on it.
    Runs much better but that is too much carb.
    Bogs down on the bottom end and comes to life about 2500.
    If I had an auto it would take a 1500 stall converter to get it moving.
    Small setback,
    The clacking lifter is just about to piss me off completely.
    I tried every trick in the book to get it to stop.
    So now I get to take the top end apart again and stuff some new lifters in it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    And if I do that I may as well stab another cam in it as that one is pretty much a stock grind.
    And to think that I was contemplating that very same thing when the engine was out. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    The engine only has 4500 miles on it but has been sitting since 96. the guy ran Penzoil or some other crap oil and when I peeled the intake off everything had that penzoil slime on it. I knew I should have dropped in lifters but the rear shaft put me in the red and I rolled the dice.
    Craps on me. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif
    So that puts me out for the mud run on the 28th.
    Even if I had a front shaft I wouldn't hammer on it with that friggin lifter beating the crap out of itself.
    But after 3 long weekends the K5 is rollin
    Gettin closer.
    On a side note Potter Webster did an awesome job on my rear shaft. $145 to have it cut/balanced, new u-joints($45 for the rear one, yes I feel bent over)and strap kits.
    Perfect fit, with plenty of compression and extension.
    As if that clackin lifter wasn't enough I went to close the hood yesterday and folded the [darn]. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    But it lights off as soon as I hit the button so all is not lost. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Nov 6, 2000
    well kinda congrats sounds like your almost ready to hit the trails again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif