Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well it was always a matter of "when"

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG*RED, Mar 1, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Well after running 35's, 4.88s and a 350+ hp 350 through my 12bolt, i finally broke it. not to bad though, just broke the carier bearing. but now i have an excusse to finally plant that 14bltff under it, that has been sitting around for a while now..yeah i know i'm lazy, figured i would wait til the 12blt broke first..have a question for you guys tho..i'm gonna have to buy two 8 lug rims, i did a search on fitting a 15inch rim on the 14blt, and even thought i found many topics on it, all it did was confuse me..some said 15 inch rim with 4.25 back spaceing, and some said 2.50 back spacing..well which is it? or will eaither work? if so, which is better..the rims will be 15X10..i wouldn't mind if it pushed the tire out from under the fender some. thanks for your help guys :1zhelp:

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

im pretty sure eaither BS will work.

3. Joshinator

Joshinator Registered Member

Mine Fit

im running a 15x10 with 4" of back space on my 14blt with drum brakes and they slide right on, no problems

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

They will both work. The clearence problem is with the front axle when it is converted to 8 lug. The brake caliper and brake backing plate are a hair to large for 15" rims and need to be ground down.

Keep in mind that the less backspacing you have on your rims can play hell on your balljoints if you are not swapping in a D60. With hard wheeling and wide BS (2.5" on 15x8's for example) you could be going threw ball joints every 3 months. I know several guys I wheel with that have to replace ball joints on a constant basis because of there rim's BS.

Harley

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Go 4.25"

6. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

thanks guys, i'll go with the 4.25s and see how they look..this is my daily driver so, i have to get it back on the road asap, so i'm just doing the 14bltff in the rear, and gonna keep the d44 6 lug in the front for now.so i'm only worried about the back two rims for now...and from what it sounds like there is nothing to worry about.