Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well looks like the big D

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Aug 10, 2006.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nope not Dallas. I am prolly gettin divorced:mad: Like 99.9%...don't think there is anything she could do to make me change my mind. I have tried to put up with everything for so long. I finally just am standing up to her. I actually feel pretty good about it because I know it will be better in the end. It really sucks for the boys though they will pay the most. So far it's pretty civil, and hope it continues to be. Oh well just thought I would share with my good friends on CK5:wink1:

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120474&highlight=wife

Well I guess that didn't work:(

Not gonna go into details over the net, but it's pretty ****ty:mad:

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats too bad...Hopefully you can both stay civil for the kids sake...

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Jump on my boat. I just got done with my divorce. And yes, kids were involved, too.

If you want or need tips, PM me and I'll take time to tell you my experience.

4. MTBLAZER89

Yeah hopefully..we have so far.:crazy:

5. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

man that sucks Brian... im sorry to hear it... better come back to MT and we can go D60 hunting :)

6. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

WOW, Brian. You guys looked so happy at BF. Sorry to hear this is happening. Hope all turns out well.

7. MTBLAZER89

Yeah funny you say that. BF is where the end began. We were hardly with eachother all weekend...Oh well. I know it will get better from here.

8. MTBLAZER89

I am actually gonna try to come up there sometime and the beginning of 07 before my 6 month deployment. Yeah we'll go find some 60's:D

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

sucks dude, if you want to call me ill pm you my number
    is it what i think it is? have to do with deploying?

10. MTBLAZER89

No nothing to do with this deployment. Mainly past events that were recently brought back to life with one decison made by her. Yah PM me ur number. I'll be home tonight. She left for the weekend so I might take the boys wheelin tomorrow and Sun.

Thanks dude

11. MTBLAZER89

Well it's 100% sure now. Just workin out the details. I have come to terms with most everything that has happened. I am still kinda torn up deep down, but I know I am doing what is right. It really sucks with the kids because they know something is not right, but I am trying to be as honest s you can be with a 3 and 7 year old. Thanks for listenin:wink1:

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well this sucks. I'm really sorry to see this. We've come close a couple of times but we both realize that it was usually money driven and not us. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. MTBLAZER89

We have been close several times before as well, and I finally stood up for myself, and I am sticking to my guns here. Basicly in a nutshell it's a fidelity issue on her side so I am done.

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, pretty much sums my divorce.

When I kicked her out, I thought we were just "separating" to get time apart and think things over.
    Then one morning when I took the kids back to her place, I found him in her bed. At that moment, I knew things definitely were over for us. She "showed" me what she wanted me to see to realize it was over. I'm gave her what she was asking for (divorce). IMO, and according to my lawyer, I'm winning this divorce case. :waytogo:

15. MTBLAZER89

No I knew from the beginning when I made the decision that it was the end. She had it in her mind that it was a "break" for a while, but the truths have come out, and we both know that we are done. Amazingly enough after everything she has done I am so far past hate or anger we are actually being very cool with eachother. That itself justifies my decision that she was ready to "be let go" and I know I am doing the right thing. I am happy that we can actually talk about what is going to happen and how we can do this with the least pain and everything possible. I am glad I have all of you to talk with about this, and thank you for everybody that has PM'd me with advice or offers to talk. Things will be better in the future I know that now.

16. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

I can relate. When I got divorced to my first wife she waited until I was away on a trip to tell the kids (5 and 3 at the time) instead of letting me be there. I felt that this was unfair and may have painted a untruthful picture to the kids. Doesn't matter now because I have full custody of both of them, but it did hurt then. Make sure you tell them together and good luck, I know this is hard.

17. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear this. Seems to be alot of this going around lately.

John

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Remember that a divorice is financial and visit planning. Once you make the emotional decision to get one, step back and do it as quickly and cleanly as possible. Make sure that the kids know that it has nothing to do with them - its between the adults - and don't use them as bargining chips. Keep their best interest at heart.

Finally, and most importantly, don't look at it as a contest - there is no "win" I have said it a thousand times - the only people that win in a divorice are the lawyers. If you like your lawyer enough to give hime half of your stuff, marry him......

19. MTBLAZER89

Yeah neither of us view divorce as that. She was a child of a messy one so we are being pretty cool with all of it. It is a mutual thing really. Like I said above i think she was ready to "be let go" so I think we are both going to be happier, and will be very open with the kids and visitation. It's a ****ty situation, but we are both making the best of it for the boys.

20. Homeslice

Homeslice 1/2 ton status

I remember when my parents got diivorced they were like always trying to get me to hate the other parents. It's tough. sorry dude.