Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

well my dad says...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 28, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

its either the cap or coil thats bad on my blazer..took them of his truck..and bam did the trick..my blazer got spark..so thats that i guess, just have to get one or both of those parts now that we know what made a difference..so it should be running very soon..*fingers crossed*

2. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Caps are cheap, coils aren't bad. Do ya have a spark tester? It goes inline with the wire. Put on end on the coil, the other end in the wire, and it will light up if it is good when ya try to fire it over. Test each terminal, will it will let ya know where you dont have spark. It should be fairly cheap at the parts store, cheaper than a new coil anyways. Good to hear its almost road time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea my dad has one..we were just out a few minuts ago doing that in the garage and thats when we found this out after he put the stuff from his 79 in so..yea hopefully well get her going soon! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Check to see if the little carbon tip is in the center of the cap. It goes between the rotor and the coil and comes out. There should also be a little spring between this piece and the coil. It's possible that these may have come out. It's something simple that may have been overlooked.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok ill give it a look thanx!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif