Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well, Sold My K5 This Morning... UPDATED: I BACKED OUT!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BrianDamage, Apr 30, 2004.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

wasn't really looking to sell it, but an offer was made, and it has been EATING me up on gas & repairs (I drive 100+ miles a day to/from work). Gonna take the money and go get one of those Chevy Aveo's I think. I get GM emloyee discount through my grandpa, so I can get one for about $8900. I figure pay half down payment and I should be able to pay it off by the end of the year.

Haven't told the wife yet, but my plan is to get a 69-75 model K5 by the end of the summer /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

then I can do what I want to with it without worrying about getting to work the next day

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Well, Sold My K5 This Morning...

sounds like a good plan /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You gotta do what you gotta do, bro! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Having a commuter car kicks ass. I can leave the K5 in pieces for weeks and not be rushed to finish it by Monday morning... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. BrianDamage

[ QUOTE ]
    You gotta do what you gotta do, bro! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Having a commuter car kicks ass. I can leave the K5 in pieces for weeks and not be rushed to finish it by Monday morning... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly...That really sucks when you're having to try to get it fixed quick 'cause you got to have it for Monday....and there are things you want to do, but can't have the down time.

It's hard to justify putting money into low gears and 3/4 or 1 ton axles, when you know it's going to end up eating you alive on gas.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You can always buy an0other one down the road! K5's never die, they just get tubed out!

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I've always wanted to get a 69-73 body style my self. Good luck with the search. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've always wanted to get a 69-7<font color="red">2 </font> body style my self. Good luck with the search. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

these are the same people with 50 cars in their yard that they arent in a hurry to finish

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

10. BrianDamage

yeah, the wife wasn't too happy I was going to let it go for $4000, so she raised hell, made me call the guy and tell him to nix the deal (he had only given me $50 down). He was supposed to come back in an hour and gotten it, but 4 hours later, no show, so I called his business and his secretary had him call me. He was disappointed to say the least /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ("ah man, I thought we had a deal" ...well, you should have come back an hour later like you said you would..told you I needed to go out and purchase another vehicle there buddy).

I think I'm still going to get the Aveo though. I went ahead and test drove it. Pretty fun little car to drive Plus, I should be able to save enough in gas money to make the payment and I'll still have a truck to hunt out of. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    UPDATED: I BACKED OUT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I could get rid of mine. If I ever wrecked it or it was stolen and recovered, it would be a truggy. I could use a smaller car to commute in, but wouldn't feel safe. I have lost all of the cars I have ever owned over the years , but for some reason I have changed. I used to be an "A" body guy. My Blazer has some strange power over me , I am more attached to it than any other vehicle I've ever owned. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

i had a dream last night that a sold my blazer and bought a jeep........ i actually think i started crying in my sleep...... then, i woke up, ran to the window, and the 'ol blazer is still there /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, Sold My K5 This Morning... UPDATED: I BACKED OUT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this a sign that you're bipolar? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Glad to see you kept the K5.
    A commuter car is great ot have, I've been able to leave my Burb in peices for extended periods with mine.
    The savings in gas alone makes it worth it to me, plus then you can do a few more extreme mods to your truck to make it more capable.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif