Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well son of a....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Jan 16, 2003.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok well while setting the pinion preload on my 14 bolt with a huge breaker bar and 6 foot pipe my vice decided it didn't want to live any longer and actually snapped in half. Well, when that happend I fell on the breaker bar and what do you know, I over crushed the crush sleeve /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So, I am really pissed off at the moment and I need my truck running in 1 day... So what the hell do I do? Can I find a crush sleeve local? Would a driveshaft shop have them? Or do I have to order it? Drivetrain Direct can get it to me in 1 day but that 1 day wont' be till Tuesday...

2. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

Well I can say that I've done stuff like that and put myself in a bind like that a few times. I would get on the phone bright and early to the local parts store and see what they've got. NAPA has bailed me out a few times with weird stuff and you never know what the local dealer has on the shelves getting dusty.

I hope it works out for you

3. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

well, if you feel like driving down to the valley to get one i know a place that would have one. when i needed one for a front axle, they had it in stock, and im sure they would have it in stock for the 14 bolt rear. call 818-830-1447, thats 4 wheel specialties, or call 818-899-2515, thats hoopers rear end. good luck

4. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    call 818-899-2515, thats hoopers rear end

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoopers is the sh!t!!! They do good work and fast and cheap to!!