Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well that was a simple fix!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by blazer88k5, Oct 29, 2002.

1. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

Good News.... I dropped the t-case and put in the spacers and NO MORE rumbling noise. A BIG THANKS to Ken and Chaz for letting me what to do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Truck looks alot better with the lift on! No more "stock" lift /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif , now I just have to change those funny looking little tires /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif 33's later this week if fundage permits!!

Pics tomorrow!!!

Thanks, Randy

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

sweet...glad ya got everything all fixed..so the next project...1 ton swap! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Glad we could help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You may want to in the future change out the small spacers and use some solid strips of metal. (6x1.5) What ever the size is to make it a little more solid. I need to do that to mine soon. (i think Superlift makes them) if you don't want to.

Again glad we could help. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif KEN /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Right on! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You may want to put your t-case in 4wheel to see if it falls outta gear. I had that prob but didn't realize why for months.
    I just recently learned how to adjust my t-case, thanks to 4x4High and some of the other guys!
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

when i first put the lift on mine and droped the t-case i had the same prob...it was driving me nuts for the longest time then i realized i forgot to adjust it...as soon as i adjusted it worked perfect

6. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

DO TELL...(adjust? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )
    I thought that you could only drop the t-case not adjust it...

Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. MilpitasK5

some trucks don't need it but mine did. I just had to adjust the linkage.

8. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

You say I might need to adjust the linkage....is there a chance if I drop it out of 2H I won't be able to shift back... or as long as I can shift to 4H and 4L then it's all good?? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks, Randy

9. MilpitasK5

It might drop out of 4hi and 4lo. You could put it back but I had to hold my shifter in gear in order to keep it in 4wheel. It's an easy fix.
    But first try putting it in 4wheel and drive around and go over some bumps or something. If it slides out of 4wheel then you should adjust.

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I had to adjust my t-case for the body lift. It's easy 2 man or woman job. Scott helped me adjust the t-case on my 84. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif