Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well the fire dept. came to visit me today down at the shop....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chaz88K5, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok i have been down at our shop since about 6:45 this morn workin on my friends blazer...changing axle seals and rear brakes..well anyway...my brother showed up with his friend and they decided they are goin to to install the lift kit he has for his IFS blazer...so anyway they get about half done and i get bored of watchin...so i walk out side and start finding things to play with...well walk out the door of the shop and spot the man lift...figured i would go for a ride and see how high it would go...well anyway i get about 40 feet in the air and i am standin up there just lookin around...and decide its a bit cold (since its 8:30pm and foggy as he!! and i left my sweatshirt down below in the shop) so i start my way down...well i hit the leaver and it starts goin down well it only goes about a foot and then the motor dies...well so i am screwed... my friends were down on the ground inside the shop and dont know where i am...so i am yellin like crazy...finaly one walked out...and just starts diein laughin...so the rest come out and flip it to the ground controlls and try to get it to start...and no go...checked gas and everything else and still no go...so 45 min later i am still up in the air and gettin very cold..so we decide we should call the fire dept...well they show up with their huge ladder truck and they jump out and they start bustin up...so they finaly get me down...well i get to the bottom of the ladder and guess who is one of the fire fighters...a guy that my mom dated for awhile...and he says "hi chaz" and then procedes to bust up laughin...so anyway i had a strange but funny night...oh yea forgot the best part...when i was up there i had to pee really bad and couldent hold it anymore....so what did i do...whip it out at 40 feet in the air and let it fly.....that was kinda funny it its self...
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

DUDE!!!!! Wish you would have called.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I was driving right down 99 at 8:30.....I would have stopped had I known!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well i could see hwy 99 from up there...haha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

I had the digital camera with me too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

im my god i couldnt stop laughing told my wife and laughed for like 5 mins /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

HAHA Damn I wish I would of seen that! I wonder if it will be in the paper or something?

Good thing you got stuck while your frineds were there or you could still be up there! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I used to hang that foil like paper you see in the ceilings of industrial buildings. We used a couple of manlifts. One was an old gas powered one like you describe and it kept failing all the time. If I remember right, there is a relief valve somewhere near the ground controls that allows the lift to come down in just such an instance. But it's been a lot of years and I don't remember exactly where it is. On the electric ones you just use the joy stick as you would if it was running. Even with no power it will come down.

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

11. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well this was a boom lift so there were no crack valves on it...i dont know if it was because it was too old but it dosent have one

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

OH you mean a snorkel lift... Ya I don't think those will come down without power. I was talking about the sizzer lift type. Manlifts... Big platform with a guard rail around it. The snorkel lifts are fun to drive from the top too.

16. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

yup thats the brand of lift it was...this thing is so un reliable its not even funny...2 weeks ago our shop forman was doin something in one of the shops and the motor died...he was stuck up there for over an hour tryin to get someones attention...turns out he ran out of gas that time.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...but he dident get stuck nearly as high as i was...he was maybe 15 feet up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif