Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well, the Jimmy has been officially banned from my school's campus...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bullet, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Well, the Jimmy has been officially banned from my school\'s campus...

Here's what happened:

Earlier last week, one of the frat's at McMurry University held an event to raise money for MADD. The event was that if you paid a dollar you get to beat the hell out of a Import with a sledgehammer. For each dollar you paid you got three swings.

So it's 12:30 and most of the people are out and about the campus, I walk over to the event, which is being held in the middle of the school's so called grassy knoll in front of the swimming facility. There is a lot of people watching a big football player beat up the car, I walked up to the guy and paid him my dollar and asked him pne simple question...

So I was like, "Hey man, you think I can go get my Jimmy and cause my dollar's worth of damage to this car?" Of course he thought it was the best idea he'd heard all day so he began to call his friends, that called thier friends and pretty much the whole university came out to see what was going on. BTW, McMurry Univ. has about 1400 kids so there was a lot of people out there despite the size of the school. I'd say about 60-75+ students and several Professors.

I hop up into the Jimmy and fire the ol' girl up, and being the loud one she is, she set off about 3 car alarms around me, which caused more people to come out in watch. While I let her Idle I got back out and locked the hubs and jumped back in to hop the curb and headed toward the mayhem.

As I idled over to the front pass. fender everyone was going crazy, so I gave her a rev, put her in gear & 4Lo and flew right up the car and drove my driver side tire into the windeshield. I paused for a second for pictures, then gave it some more gas and crawled up to the roof, that soon began to buckle.

I backed off and reversed off the car and decide to go a head-on approach this time. Still in 4Lo, I idled up to the car till I was about a foot away and stomped the stupid pedal. The 383 absolutely came alive and in a flash I was back on the roof apusing for pictures, meanwhile I had some Metalica blaring in the Jimmy. While I paused for pictures I noticed someone else was taking pictures, it was Campus Police. Officer Mark, who never really liked my truck that much in the first place walked up to my truck, still posing on the car and demanded that I got down and met him in the parking lot.

Once I had gotten down I drove into the parking lot and talked to the security officer. Mark was quick to inform me that what I just did was to be my last stunt on campus and he was revoking all my parking right on campus and I couldn't park on thier property again. ALL BECAUSE I DROVE ON THE GRASS, (the lack thereof...)Keep in mind, I only did this with the permission of the event holders and I caused absolutely NO damge to the property and the dirt(knoll)

So, it looks like I will be walking to campus now, thank God I only live 3 blocks away or else I'd be in trouble.

Aint that some chit? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Re: Well, the Jimmy has been officially banned from my school\'s campus...

I will have pics as soon as I can get them developed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

so I am guessing that they have refunded and will be refunding all of your parking pass $$? if not, it'll be damn tough to keep a legally paid for truck off-campus. Campus security is a bunch of bullshit. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif When I was in college they used to do that type of [darn] constantly. Where was the event? Was it actually on campus or was it off-campus at a Frat house? If it was technically off-campus at a Frat house, they cant do [darn], the guy is just being a dick. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif If it was on campus, I would take it to student services or the administration, especially since you got permission from the event holder, its thier responsibility not yours to maintain the event... if they gave you permission, they were speaking with the authority granted to them by the school, if they didnt have that authority, they shouldnt have overstepped. Not to mention that while you may have been on that car, the security guy still needs to prove that you caused any damage at all to school property, even the grass.

After that, if they still wont let you park on campus, thats when you get to be creative. security dicks cut the corners as much or more than anyone else... all you gotta do is be there, take pics and tell him to "meet you in the parking lot" to let him know that he is no longer allowed to park on campus because of where he parked... or no longer allowed to ride his bike on campus because he rode it on the grass, even if it was to get around someone walking, he didnt have specific permission from the school to do so... I f-ing hate cops/security/etc... that seem to have nothing better to do than to give non-murdering, non-raping, non-child molesting, non-drug using folks a hard time. With the amount of really terrible [darn] going on (especially on a college campus) you would hope they would have thier priorities straight.

Either way... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

campus cops suck.

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hah, sounds like you had a good time, just get a bike and ride, its good for ya anyways..lol...i went to my old high schools homecoming game friday night, because my girl is the schools mascot lol...put the 86 into low (sm465) and wound it up to about 4 grand and drove through the parking lot...my truck has manifolds, 2" duals with super turbo mufflers, not loud at all, and i got yelled at by the principal...not sure what for, it was just "NOT IN THE PARKING LOT", when i went to school there, we used to slide sideways and do burnouts in the lot..wtf happened?

6. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like what we did last year. we didnt get in any trouble though and boy was it fun.
    [​IMG]

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I f-ing hate cops/security/etc... that seem to have nothing better to do than to give non-murdering, non-raping, non-child molesting, non-drug using folks a hard time. With the amount of really terrible [darn] going on (especially on a college campus) you would hope they would have thier priorities straight.

[/ QUOTE ] YEP!!!!! they have nothing better to do than bother people, especially cops!!!! When someone is going 5mph over the speed limit they jump to it with lights and sirens blaring with back up on hand to right you a 100$ ticket but when someone needs the pricks because there property was stolen or something they take forevor to respond. If they can't make some money from it with a ticket they don't seem to care !I hate cops!! no good --c&$k suckers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain. Campus cops are pitiful excuses that couldn't get a job with a real department. He's just jealous because he probably drives a '78 Civic and gets no trim, while you have the campus bad-as* mobile and probably have to beat chicks out of it!

9. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifSounds like you had a REAL good time I really wanna see the pictures... to bad they dident charge everyone $1 to watch Confedneck had a good idea about a bike /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Out of curiosity, how did they get the junk car into the grassy knoll? air lift it in there by chopper? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Sounds like it was a good show!

11. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

that sounds like it would be worth a dollar to watch. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i have to see those pictures. not a big fan of imports either. forget the bike, get a 3 wheeler, or a goat, ride that. well, just me, ignore me, im slow at times.good luck
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I am going to talk to the dean as soon as I get a chance. The incident took place on campus, it was a local frat that was holding the event.

Yeah, it's ironic, they had to get the car to its spot by driving it through the grass.

Me and some friends have been kicking around ideas, I'd like to run over his golf cart (yeah that's right, a golf cart, he doesn't even have a patrol car...or a gun!) But if I did run it over the big swamper print would give it away /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Also thought of just stealing his golf cart, stripping it of all notification and use it for my personal use to get to school.

13. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well id imagine driving over his ride or stealing it wouldnt be a good idea...but why not wire the ignition backwards, just take the wires off it, wire the forward/reverse lever backwards, all those are easy and pretty much harmless.. oh and chain it up good to something like the deans car... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Good move...go talk to the dean, the head honcho. I'd think he'd appreciate you having the nuts to come and talk to him about it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I f-ing hate cops/security/etc... that seem to have nothing better to do than to give non-murdering, non-raping, non-child molesting, non-drug using folks a hard time. With the amount of really terrible [darn] going on (especially on a college campus) you would hope they would have thier priorities straight.

[/ QUOTE ] YEP!!!!! they have nothing better to do than bother people, especially cops!!!! When someone is going 5mph over the speed limit they jump to it with lights and sirens blaring with back up on hand to right you a 100$ ticket but when someone needs the pricks because there property was stolen or something they take forevor to respond. If they can't make some money from it with a ticket they don't seem to care !I hate cops!! no good --c&$k suckers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Everbody hates cops, till they need'em. Campus security is one thing, but bashin police officers, rubs me the wrong way. Most people who dislike cops, have usually gotten in trouble before. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Anyways, Cant wait to see the pics! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Y'all must live in rotten parts of the country. Every time I've gotten pulled over (and that's a lot hehe) I've deserved it. The reason that people run into trouble with the cops is because they're doin somethin that we as a society have deemed wrong. Anyway's back to the subject at hand. I think that campus security boy has an envy prollem with your truck and he is using you drivin on unpaved campus grounds as a way to make himself feel more important. The other thing that gets me is once the car bashin is done I can pretty much guarantee that a big ole heavy tow truck pulled up across those same unpaved campus grounds, picked up the beat to crap car and then that much heavier drove back out. Seems to me that the tow truck that weighs more than your Blazer ever will would tear up the grass more. Just MO. Good luck to you in your pleas to the powers that be.

Allan

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What a bunch of whiny asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 times out of 10, there's a very good reason for the cops/security to be talking to you and that reason usually is because of your own damn stupidity.

There's a lot more to law enforcement and security work than chasing drug dealers and murderers and rapists and since some of you are ignorant of that fact, maybe you should call your local agency and ask for a ride along one night and find out just WTF cops have to do and deal with on a daily basis.......
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What a bunch of whiny asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 times out of 10, there's a very good reason for the cops/security to be talking to you and that reason usually is because of your own damn stupidity.

There's a lot more to law enforcement and security work than chasing drug dealers and murderers and rapists and since some of you are ignorant of that fact, maybe you should call your local agency and ask for a ride along one night and find out just WTF cops have to do and deal with on a daily basis.......
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually in my town most of the police calls (according to the scanner) deal with breaking up groups of kids at the burger king because there is no where else to go in this town on a friday night since the local fire dept that hosted teen dances fri nights got shut down due to pressure on the mayor from the police. 4 Hours of a teen dance just seems too much for them to handle. I'm glad this town doesn't have any real crime cuz we'd be up the crick without a boat. I agree police are never there when ya need em but tend to show up just in time to harass you over big tires, big exhaust, and big trucks in general. One tip, never point out how easy it would be for you to run over their bike, they don't like that (that is bike as in bicycle....yes we have bicycle cops here, ever see Reno 911?)

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sound like the campus dick hard a hard on for you to begin with. Go over his head and explain it to the big wigs. Tell them that it's a person problem with ol'boy and you want him fired for abuce of power. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

set his golf cart on fire. and then wait till you see him and get a fire extenguisher(spelling sucks) out of the jimmy and put it out. Then you can tell him if it wasnt for your truck he would have to walk around and be a dick insted of being able to drive and be a dick.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif