Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well, the Thumper Operating Room is opening soon... Guess I was due...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

The Canadian salted roads have taken thier toll. Thumpers rear floor cross pan brace just busted near
    the drivers side, and the floor around the second body mount from the rear has rusted thru and let the
    mount push thru the floor. Guess its time for major surgery. I will be doing some surfin of all you guys'
    tech articles on the repair of the floor etc. I have a pickup truck bed floor here that I was going to cut
    to size and weld in but I also just aquired a 3/4 ton Chevy truck for 100.00 without engine tranny
    or t-case, so I am considering using the entire back half of the box to replace mine.
    The pickup truck should be the same right? As far as the cross pan goes? I also need the
    bottom of the upright pillars too. I want to go with the pickup tailgate, but the bottom hinge holes
    are rusted thru on mine.
    Gonna be an undertaking anyways...
    I have a month till the next club run so......
    /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Laters
    Mike

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Have fun dude...it's a big old nasty job!

Rene

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

The Pickup tail pan is different. It does not have the same mounting points for the body mounts nor does it have mounting for the tailgate. If you plan to run a truck tailgate, you could use it without a problem. I built mine out of 1/4" wall steel, I wrote a tech article on this in the tech forum. Mine worked out pretty good and still holds like a champ.

4. Richard Haynes

Richard Haynes Registered Member

My question is does the pickup floor match up with the k5 bed channels