Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well there she blows.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speed_deed, Dec 23, 2003.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Two weeks ago I was push starting my '75 K10 with my '85 K5. Well I was going to just put the t-case in neutral and roll down the street pushing the pick up, well ofcourse nothing is ever as it should be and instead of the NP208 being in 4 LOW as it was to the last of my knowledge some little punk @ss 6 year old who is supposed to be my little brother (I wont believe it until I see DNA test results) had been dicking around in it and put it in 4 HIGH. Now normally I would have been able to tell that it wasnt in 4 LOW byt the reach it took to get to it but I was uhh well lets just say I was feeling absolutely no pain at all. Last weekend I noticed a good sized puddle of fluid under the truck and it was obvious what it was. I got under the truck and yep sure enough out of the front of the transfercase she was leaking fluid.

Thank God I have got a '84 in the backyard with both the TH700R4 and NP208 which were supposedly rebuilt in 2001 and had about 1000 miles on it when I signed the title Jan. 15th 2002 and has since had about 7 miles put on it.

Anyway I am going to be super busy tomorrow and Christmas and when I do a job on my truck I like to have all of the tools I need layed out in the order that I will need them. I have got the whole Haynes manual and looked through it to see if it has the list of tools that I will need but it doesnt say anything. I plan on doing this on Friday. If anyone happens to be on here that can list this out for me tonight I would really appreciate it.

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Wish I could help, but 3/4 th's of the whole toolbox is scattered around under the truck for even an oil change in my world....