Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well They Cut Me Loose Today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I sprayed my first feild of soybeans today alone. 96 Acres worth. 22 oz of Roundup WeatherMax, 11.5 gallons of product(roundup+water) to the acre at 14-14.5 mph. Its alot harder then it appears but I think Im getting the hang of it. Talk about a ton of responsiblity too. Anyway I just thought I would let the brotherhood in on a big step up in my job. This is the kind of Post-Application rig I was running.
    Ag Chem 854 Rogator with 90 foot booms and an 800 Gallon Tank
    [​IMG]

2. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Hot-diggity....where do I sign up? I wanna drive.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Does it have a tailgate?

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Dig the ground clearance.

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

No but it does have full time hydrostatic 4-wheel drive...it only goes 32 down the road though. All leaf sprung too.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

How tall/wide is that thing?

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Height wise Im actaully not sure to the clear top of the cab. This pic will help to add some scale. Im 6-1 and when I stand where that guy is standing Im a tad shorter then where he is. If you can tell where the platform that the tank sits on is. I can see the top surface of that unless Im on my tip toes.
    [​IMG]

Width wise...you'll love this its adjustable...hydralically all with 4 little toggle switches in the cab. you have to be moving to move the wheels in or out otherwise the rims will bend. Sucked all the way in they are 120 inchs, and the farthest out I have ever had them were 144 inchs. You move them in and out for row spacings. Some farmers plant on 30 inch rows, some on 36...then there are the ones on 38 that just confuse the hell out of ya. If your lucky you get to run the one in the company that has an automatic adjusting Tie-Rod...I dont I have to take out two bolts and fight the bastard for about 10 min to get it lined up just right again.

8. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

what happens if by chance, you get that thing stuck?

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

The Rogator I run is a 1995. This is a year or two old model out spraying in the field.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Got a bunch of those around these parts too...............:D

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Oh trust me it happens...usually with Terragators during the spring when its wet but either way. Bud's in Spencer gets called up and they charge 1500 just to leave their place with their Semi Wrecker. Then its like 200 an hour. Ive never seen a rogator stuck yet But I guess if they even get down to their rims in mud they are stuck

This is a pic of a Terragator, my company usually manages to get one stuck a year. We dont have any four wheel drive ones except for one.

Also if you guys recall I was working around a Terragator when I try scalping myself earlier this year and got 10 or 12 stiches in my head. I can dig up the post and gory pics if you wish hehe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I see em all the time too, they drive by my house a lot

13. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Damn, I thought they finaly fired your ass[​IMG]

Congrats, does it have the GPS tracking system or do you still have to drive that one?

14. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Its got a gps lightbar in it that tells me when to turn to keep going straight. But as you know most farmers dont or cant plant 100% straight anyway so the only time you use that in post spraying is drilled beans.

I think your refering to the auto steer stuff. I wish they had that for fertilzer application, that would be nice...all you have to do is turn around on the ends it does the rest.

Hey did ya see a Red and White Maxyeild Semi with a flatbed or a Cabover Dump truck in spencer around Shines today. We started hauling junk from ayrshire over there. They are burning down the woodhouse in Ayrshire July 16.

We had a couple VERY oversized loads on that Semi that Im sure the DOT would have frowned upon..but I wasnt driven so it wasnt my ass

15. Stomper

yeah, I was talking about the autosteer:pimp1: My buddy has that on his planter/sprayer tractor. Accurate to, I believe 2 inches:eek1::eek1:

Nope, didn't see the trucks today.

16. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

2 inchs..geez he must have a real new one then. most of the light bars we have are in the 5 - 8 foot range for fertilizer application. With that you go off of your Foam Markers anyway

17. Stomper

It's a 06' jd