Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

well this sucks

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by widowmaker, Mar 3, 2004.

1. widowmaker

widowmaker Registered Member

well my motor is finsihed i have to tear it out and send it out and thanks to trucknutzdude i have a 305 to put in place of my 350 and i am sending it to d and d auto i easthampton and thinking i might get the motor stroked but not sure probley just gonna stick with what i got. but in warning dont ever have rad out of palmer build you a motor or the guy who works the named bob kinsley he has no clue what is doing. well until then i have to give alot of thanks to rob (trucknutsdude) for helping me out with him i would be un a creek without a paddle thanks so much rob i coud never repay you

2. cuzinjay

cuzinjay Registered Member

I'll tell ya nothing can replace a good friend.Had a friend loan me his truck for a hole month when I blew a tranny once! When times are tuff thats, when you find true friends. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. widowmaker

well unknown to rob the 305 is in worse shape ten my 350 well now i am on the look out for a 305 or a 350 cheap just to put i so i have a truck to get back and forth to work so if anyone has on please let me know

4. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I've got a 350 that was out of my 88 K5. All it needs is an intake and a distributor. Motor was running fine when I pulled it. There is about 80 - 90 K on it.

5. widowmaker

well i bought a cheap 86 2 wheel drive jeep pick up it runs very good and i only payed 300 for it and its awesome on gas but thanks for the info but i am gonna wait itill the new motor is ready and done give me time to fix alot of stuff that needs fixin like motor mounts and srpings and brakes and what not i feel this is for the better when gas is gonna be up to 3 bucks so for work i got the littel truck so once again thanks to rob for helping me out with this and if anyone else would like to help i would really like thanks again everyone

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the kind words Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sorry about the 305 not being such a good engine for you. You're going to be in the same boat as me for a while but I know you'll like the results when your truck is "finished" (we all know nothing is ever truely finished in the 4x4 world) Here's the list of mods we both need to do to our rigs if anyone's interested:
    Ryan's:
    -Engine rebuild
    -New transmission (I have one)
    -New rear springs (I have those too)
    -Front and rear brakes
    -New softer front springs (Hey, I think I've got a set)
    -$15 rattle can paint job
    -Replace wiring harness
    -"Spruce-up" the interior a little for the wife /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif and install those nice new steps /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif'

For mine:
    -Replace entire floor and all body mounts
    -New front fenders
    -Install manual transmission in place of 700R4
    -Twin-stick the 205
    -Get new driveshafts
    -Make room for the 63's
    -Install the 6" BDS springs
    -Re-gear the D60/14 to 5.13, install Detroits
    -Roll cage
    -Exhaust
    -Bumpers
    -Sell myself on the corner for a winch
    -Overhaul my engine (basicly a good tune up)
    -Wheel the piss out of it with Ryan when it's done /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. widowmaker

well i was outside cleaning off the snow when the guy who plows asked me about my chevy i told him about how the motor was blow and we got talking about how he just had one go and i asked him where is motor was built and this is the funny part built by the same retard who built mine, i mean what are the chances that he did that to more then one person well we kept talking and i guess bob the guy from rad in palmer has screwed alot of people i can only warn you people about this guy so noone else falls victim to hime his name is bob kinsley and he works for rad out of plamer and ludlow. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Talk about a run-on sentance! Use some periods once in a while Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif... I almost ran out of breath reading your post! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Thanks for giving everyone a heads up on Bob's work. If you missed it, his name is Bob Kinsley and he works at RAD in Palmer.
    The guy Ryan was talking about bought a 383 from Bob and found that he forgot to install a spark plug in the #5 cylinder and somehow Bob let some sheetmetal screws find a new home inside the cylinder. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif The engine ended up getting a complete overhaul for free after the "bad things happen to bad people" speech... What a hack /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

9. capinmorgin

capinmorgin Newbie

can anyone tell me how the heck do I know if someone has responded to me, I see everyone else chatting but I'm not getting any feedback. Thanks.

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You haven't posted in this thread.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif