Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well tommorrow is the day

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Aug 10, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Well tommorrow is the day. Making the journey from lubbock to Enid OK to get my new toy. I'm excited but It's gonna be a long drive there and back in one day. Went and got a u-haul trailer tonight to haul the beast on. Wish me luck.

Like em big and topless

2. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS 1/2 ton status

cool! so what did you get?

68 SWB 4x4 1 of 1,449 made 327, 465 4 speed, rockwell tcase, edelbrock performer intake+carb, MSD pro billet http://communities.msn.com/68K10

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

'71 jimmy
    fresh 350 w/ headers, and cam I think sounds good just have to go get her today

Like em big and topless

4. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Thats not far from me.
    Its a drive but it will be alot easier going home with it on the trailer than driving up there with nothing on.
    Good luck and get some pics
    Blazin72

Blazin 72

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

It's a great feeling.....making a "road trip" to pick up a new toy. I did a similar thing back in February of this year when I flew up to Salem, OR (1 way ticket) with cash-in-pocket to buy my '72. Drove the 611 miles home with the biggest, dumbest smile on my face!!!!! [​IMG]

Nothing like a K5 with no carpeting, no window rubber, no weatherstripping, and a throbbing big block motor to really make you feel like you just bought a project which will give you many YEARS worth of projects to do..... [​IMG]

Seriously though, congratulations. It IS a great feeling.

-Greg72

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

LMAO w/ a big s*&t eating grin on my face.....just made it back home. Man that was a journey. Ended up getting a U-Haul Auto Transport since the tires were "stock" WRONG. It's got wagon wheels on the thing so the tires were about 2" too wide. hehe, I made it fit. Also the straps weren't quite long enough to accomodate the 31" tires, so had to air way down to get the straps over and wedge change in the ratchet slot to get the strap to bite. But none the less after 400 miles back and a trailer tire w/ only half the tread left intact (trailer tire seperated about 80 miles from lubbock) I'm home and so is my new baby. Man just wish I could have drove it back but it sounded good backing off the trailer. Very health small block w/ headers and moderate cam. I'll be grinnin for weeks, now if I only had money for the bills. Oh well college life. Thanks for all your help guys

Like em big and topless

7. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Get us some pics,
    Nothing like a new baby to the family
    LOL

Blazin 72
    1972 K5 350 vortec, 4 inch lift, with nothing else important.

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Congrats on the new "family" member....!!!!

We have all been there with the early adventures, and wondering...."What have I gotten myself into..?"

Once you get a little time with your K5 alone, fix the weird stuff and get some "seat time" it will all be worth it.!!!! [​IMG]

-Greg72