Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well,well, seems our Govenor lost another battle

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 73k5blazer, Jan 22, 2007.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070122/BUSINESS06/70122015

Stupid govenor Granholm. More jobs and more people and more tax revenue have left this state under her watch than the past 5 govenors, combined. I can't believe the idiots re-elected her last year for another 4 years.

These are smart highly educated people we're losing too, not easily replacable talent. Once your state loses them, they're gone. They won't be jobless, they will just get jobs in other states.

I personally know 7 people who've left the state in the past 2 years. I know countless more who are contimplating, including myself at times, because the economy here sucks sooooooooo bad, while the US economy continues to grow, MI is on an opposite liniear track.

Ohh, and it's really funny how the crappy detroit papers don't even hardly mention Granholm (the govenor), but if any company annouced anything over 100 jobs lost during Engler's (previous Repulican govenor), they were all over him like flies on sh!t, getting at least 1bpp (bpp=bash per paragraph).

I'm no extreme conservitive, but I can smell a rat like a cat, I never liked her 4 years ago when she was first elected, she had no plan for creating and keeping jobs and business in Michigan, and she still doesn't.
    I'm sorry, but our stupid Canadian (Sorry Can-Can, nothing personal) govenor, who lived in Cali most her life prior to coming to MI , really needs to be ousted here. Home values are in the dumper because everyon's leaving and putting their house for sale, or needs to downsize because they lost their jjob, property taxes are at an all time high, we're losing jobs like cow's take a dump, and there's nothing coming in the door and no plan to get anything either.

:angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

Arrrrhrhhhhh....

Ok, all better now...

2. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Look on the bright side....Michigan has to be one of the hottest states for MUD-BOGGER's. At least their off-road friendly. Either that or no one gives a flip.

Manny

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The only reason you would bother mentioning it is because you have a problem with her nationality. Which means you have a problem with where I live, which is unfortunate and ironic, seeing where you live.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I have no problems with Canadians or with where you live, if anything, I'm jeolous. I have a problem with Canadians, or anyone who doesn't know this state, who comes to here and screws it up in an attempt to furthur their political career, and also say that in their old age, they plan to go back to Canada or other state/country where they are from. That's why I mention it.

Believe you me, where you live is much more pleasent than where I live.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Okeedokee. That makes sense. :thumb:

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the really funny part is health care is what our wonderfull governor wants us to get into. what were these job cuts in again? oh yea, health care. nothing is safe here and she won't realize that. she keeps going on trips to places like japan to find 100 jobs here and 100 jobs there, not knowing while she was gone we lost 2000 jobs.

i have also thought about moving out of state, but i have no idea where to even start. not to mention i love it here (the land, not the people). if i can keep it afloat, i will be able to get a house cheap with no one to piss off.

i am getting fed up with my job, almost to the point of quitting. but i know if i do, i may not find another job. i lost my job when electrolux moved to mexico, it took me almost 7 months to find a lower paying job close enough that i could afford to go to work.

7. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know how you feel, I'm about ready to head back to Indiana. I know there is work their, and Michigans IT field sucks a big fat one. Too much out sourcing. I lost my job at the hospital last month right before xmas but luckily I allready started another job so Nothing was lot. I did take a big pay cut though.

8. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My grandparents are in Muskegon, MI and its sad who much of the downtown area is rundown and empty. I visit them about once a year (July of 2006 and this coming August) and its shocking how much Michigan is just dying as a state.

I'm glad I am in Oregon with a booming economy, to many people moving here though.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Speaking of Leaving Michigan , My Uncle is leaving sometime this year to live down here .

I am still planning on coming out to visit ya'll in 2008 though :thumb:

BTW , I may need someone to get my 454 later this year , and sit on it for me until I can fetch it , It won't be making the ride with my Uncle :(

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

bring food!!!:haha: