Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well Witching

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 6, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I saw a well witcher (or water witcher) do his stuff last Saturday. I was amazed. With just two rods, one in each hand, they would move on their own to form an X over underground water veins, and he could even estimate the depth and gallons per minute.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

That is crazy stuff, I have never see it done before but I have heard about it. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My Dads best friend did it before He pased away. He would never accept money for doing it cause He said He would lose the ability to do it if He accepted money for doing it /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

What the heck is a well witcher? Google wasn't very helpful. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. 1977jimmything

1977jimmything Registered Member

I am a water well driller in Oregon. I have drilled many wells that have been " Witched " . Only about 1 in 10 is accurate here. For finding water pipes buried in the ground, they are very accurate.

6. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I've done it for finding underground water pipes and underground electrical lines. Works pretty well.

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

This guy is 77 years old, and I've heard that his whole life, he's been almost dead on accurate.

After he left (and after his finding a spot that he says is 17feet down and 51 gallons per minute), I started walking around with two golf clubs, and they did cross. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif But, I went out further in the field to places where he didnt go, cause I figure my mind could subconsciousely make me cross the rods where he did, and they crossed on there own at various spots.

I eventually graduated on up to two lighter metal rods, and they crossed by themselves every time I crossed a vein that he located.

It's weird, like a natural measurement of the energy built into the planet, that through magnetics or whatever, it somehow creates this reaction of two metal rods making an X over underground flowing water.

I don't believe in magic or voodoo or any of that, but I thought it was kind of neat getting a feel for the natural magnetisms in the earth. It's gotta be scientific to a degree.

Well, thats what I did this weekend when I wasn't busy working on a a rig.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I generally just go to the faucet if I want water I only turn one metal rod and it even comes up to the to so I don't have to dig either.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

There's still some people who know what the earth is left in society

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's wierd... How do they move, while you're holding them?

(I'll be walking around my yard tonight holding golf clubs in front of me)...

11. Resurrection_Joe

"Local man holding golf clubs and a box of wine wanders drunk into local duck pond"

"Activists sue man on ducks behalf"

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "Local man holding golf clubs and a box of wine wanders drunk into local duck pond"

"Activists sue man on ducks behalf"

[/ QUOTE ]
    BWAAAAAAHHHHH,HAAAAHAAAAHAAAA! almost fell off the chair laughing at that! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

When I lived in Auburn Calif. My dad and I did this with two coat hangers straitend out. Duno if I could do it today..been 15+yrs /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Kinda neat and it does work, just kinda hold the rod with even light pressure and start walking. When they cross make a mark on the ground then head at that spot from a different angle to cross check the mark... Then start drilling /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Just so you know, I would strap the box to my back...

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I'm still not getting the concept, do you walk with them extended outward, one in each hand? Or do you drag them behind you or what?

16. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

My sister in law did this before they drilled the well at their farm. You take a straight piece of rod ,like a coat hangar, and bend each one into an "L" shape. The "L" shape is just long enough to fit in the palms of your hands. Now you put your arms at your side and bend your elbows ata 90* angle, forearms are parallel to the ground. The rods are now pointing forward. Your palms will be about a foot or 1.5' apart from each other. Just walk slowly and as you near the water the rod tips will begin to move towards each other. Not everyone can do as well for some reason and I think brass or copper rods work better than steel

17. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

18. Resurrection_Joe

You use a divining rod straight from the Ozarks!

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

what a cool guy. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

20. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Have you Drilled any wells for David York?