Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

well yes another build up thread but diffrent stuff inside

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetk30, Mar 22, 2007.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

I have my new project truck for over a year now. it has come full circle from when I started on it. so now that it is almost done I decided to make my control center and get ready to mount it to the soon to be bench seat track system and add rails to it with bucket seats bolted to that. then in the middle this nice control center will be bolted in place.

this is a expolice car unit built by troy products and its 1 beefy built tank of a box. empty its heavy duty. well I got 2 switch boxes 1 real good used and 1 new super ebay deal. federal signal sw-300 units. there are 6 switch units. #1 is 40 amp relayed self resetable 40 amp fuse protection. the other 5 are 15 amp fuses in the back of the unit. this is all back lighted in the little name plates. plus when the switch is on it turns read to show what switches are live.

then I got a used pa-300 unit. it has some special features that some of us aren’t supposed to have in civilian rides. and has a 100 watt rating and same for the pa speaker side.

then last I had my modified uniden pro 538w c.b. and this was going in also. you never know when you need some other form of contacting a real live person when in need. ( like dead cell phones or no signal )

these units all fit in the custom face plates you can buy from troy products. then with the screw rails that are bolted to the basic box you can set them up in any configuration you wish as long as there fit in the box at the depth you set them at. the face plate mounts have slotted holes to allow full hight adjustability of the units with in the setup.

I still have more to do with this yet and then I have to fab up the seat mount and bolt this in place. then the most fun part of all is to wire up about 30-50 wires to all there places there need to go for all the functions needed to make this worktruck / play truck / daily driver truck function as needed.

just a few pics to get all started and more to come of this build up.

troy console unit 003.jpg

troy console unit 004.jpg

troy console unit 005.jpg

2. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

I have the perfect compliment to this console:
    It's a missile launch control from an F-4 fighter.
    Jimbo

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  3. Disturban

Disturban 1/2 ton status

that looks great...the aforementioned missile launcher is a must for your collection!!!

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

well i got my back ordered parts today. www.delcity.net had some new cool goodys for power spliting needs. 11 bucks each i got 2 just incase.

more pics this weekend as i also got it mounted to the seat system and a new switch box to replace the odd one of the bunch. will try to get it wired up this weekend also. way to many wires to think of. :doah:

and for power to feed the units needs i have a 2 ga welding wire with a 150 amp resetable breaker .

POWER STUDS 003.jpg

POWER STUDS 001.jpg

150a breaker 002.jpg