Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Welp decided on next project - yanking carpet and.......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Oct 19, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Getting the polyvinyl mats from LMC. anyone have any experience with this? Hopefully yanking carpet isnt to big a chore. The metal under the carpet is as good as it was from the factory (org. TX truck), so no repairs need to be done. Im not Herculining the floor (dunno, should I?).

LMC says they are 1/8" thick, so Im wondering if ill need any kinda heat/sound proorfing. If so, I think ill jus get some stick down stuff and put it under the drivers floor and pass. floor, not all over the place.

Any thoughts, concerns, suggetions or opinons? :D

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Keep the padding (the greenish grey) and you should be OK. My factory rubber mat had it under it. What color is your old carpet?

3. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Ah okay. I plan to dump the insulation that is falling apart. My carpet has a moldy/musty smell to it. There hasnt been any leaks of any sort, I guess jus old carpet, partly why im getting rid of it. My old carpet isnt in badshape for what it is, I jus want something easier to clean (or not clean, lol)

My old carpet is BLUE.

4. Metrodps

LOL I got ya... Here is what my back looked like at start
    [​IMG]

Once I took out the rubber mat. I am putting new carpet in it in the spring.
    [​IMG]

If I did a lot of off roading I would of kept the rubber mat down.

5. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Jus curious why ya goin to carpet. Its funny, it seems alot of ppl on these boards are passing each other doing opposite projects. I dont want carpet and some do, etc.

6. Metrodps

OK well here is the whole skinny.

I am 46 years old with failing health and had a 1979 K20 when it was new. I am grabbing some of my lost youth and memories of a simpler time. A.K.A. mid life crisis or a little red sports car! I have about four more good years left and don't plan on doing any mudding.

Restoring this truck will be the last major task I will be able to complete. I want to leave something for my son to remember me by. I want to make it as complete and nice as I can so it will last another ten years.

What makes our nation so great is that each and everyone of has the freedom to make their dreams and hopes come true. What you like might be different from what some one else likes but we are all free to do our own thing. :D

7. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

OH. :eek1: Hope I didnt hit a sore spot. I was jus curious. Its interesting to see what drives ppl to do what they do. Sometimes for fun, sometimes out of necessity, etc. I do think a restored k5 is pretty cool.

8. Metrodps

NP I used to be a police officer and have a tough skin. I ask for no pity as I have been and done things that most people have only dreamed of in their lives. I carry a old saying with me "Never surrender, Never give up!" once you give up you have lost.

Like I said my Blazer is my little red sports car. My 79 was a dark brown like Tek's rig it was a Silverado and we swiped it from a Dealer in Mich it was supposed to go to Alaska for the pipe line but since my father had bought several other trucks from them......

:truck: :D