Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Welp, here it is... The beginning, Tow rig and trailer, loaded

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by FWP, Sep 18, 2004.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

[​IMG]

Handles very well, Power isn't the greatest, but I can't afford 50K for a Duramax just quite yet /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adding on my little 700lb pop-up behind the gooseneck, for the trip to Moab, ought to be interesting /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Screw the Dmax, that setup will work just fine at a fraction of the cost. Looks sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks man! Funny thing, I used to drive to the trails, I must be gettin old /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. That and the fact I wore off 4/32" of rubber off the SX's in less than 1000 miles /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. BlueBlazer

Oh yea, forgot to ask, how do you like how the deckover pulls? Whats the weight rating on that trailer and length, thanks.

5. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh yea, forgot to ask, how do you like how the deckover pulls? Whats the weight rating on that trailer and length, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulls GREAT! No issues, other than wind drag on the front, seeing that the Blazer sits so high. I tried a couple of quick swerves at 55 MPH (no traffic, gently at first, of course, then very aggressive), no sway at all.

14K, 20'

6. BlueBlazer

Perfect, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif looking good

When ya get that 50k, I will take old yellow off your hands /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Way to go fred... Sweet set up. You are already on top of the big hill so moab won't be so bad with the double trailer set up.

I am jelous, then again just anorther reason to finish school and get my degree.

Congrats on gettin' it all done.

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Very nice! I'm jealous!

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Nice Fred!! Looks like you and Rob will be pretty much like two peas in a pod. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Looks good Doode /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif!!

Was this a product of a barley pop fueled bug ride??

Uh, is the camper really small?? Doesn't look like there is much room up there /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. Might just be an optical dillusion from my vantage point.

12. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am assuming behind the gooseneck is referring to the whole trailer, and using a tandem trailer set up (legal in AZ and UT /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif). Otherwise the K5 looks like it will be too far back for decent tounge weight.

13. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

You know, when I grow up, I want to be like Fred!!!! You once again are the MAN!!!!!

Oh and did I say, YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Very nice Fred....

I got you a little suprise this weekend... It's really cool...

But it's a suprise!!!

Rob

14. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Looks good, If you are going to be putting the light camper up front and moving the blazer way back there may be a tongue weight (or lack of) issue as previously mentioned. Looks like the axles are a 60/40 set up, you could probably move them to a 70/30 positipon and it would solve that. Shouldn't be too hard or too much money to do that.

Nice set up though..

John

15. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Nice combo /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks for the compliments! I guess I should clarify, I'm pulling the pop-up via receiver hitch behind the trailer. That's temporary though. The end plan is to have a slide in over the goose, and the K5 behind it. I have to extend the bed to be able to fit all that, and move the axles for correct weight distribution. I got a smokin deal on that trailer, so I bought it. All the longer ones are way too pricey right now (and probably will be til the steel prices come down)

17. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I definately think you have it strapped down plenty!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

John

18. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think it is strapped down too well there Fred. I believe according to AZ Landscaper Staute Blah Blah, you are only allowed to attach one small piece of twine to the winch hook and give it a heart-felt "that otta do-er" to remain legal. It's almost like you want to PREVENT it from coming off the trailer without your authorization /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

19. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nive lookin setup! Especially that dually /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think it is strapped down too well there Fred. I believe according to AZ Landscaper Staute Blah Blah, you are only allowed to attach one small piece of twine to the winch hook and give it a heart-felt "that otta do-er" to remain legal. It's almost like you want to PREVENT it from coming off the trailer without your authorization /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif .... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif You're killin me man /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously though, That K5 on the trailer is worth more to me than a the price of a few extra straps /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, that and the fact I don't want to kill some dudes family if I was ever in a major wreck /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif