Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Welp..I did it.. I own a jeep..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gokartergo, Jul 15, 2004.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Some of you may now I sold my K5 a few months ago.. I decided I wanted a Jeep to flat tow behind my Burb. After a few months of looking I finally found the one I wanted. It was up in Portland Or. The guy even shipped it down to me. Bone stock exept the Rancho 4 inch lift.. One of the good things about a Jeep. You don't have to find a milk crate to to stand on to work on the motor..LOL Let the flaming begin.. But remember I still have my Burb...

[​IMG]

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

LOL, j/k. I personally don't like jeeps, but everyone is different, so what if you own a jeep, us k5ers may not understand you, but it's not your fault. So be happy, and wheel the pee outa 'eh/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The only thing I don't understand about the whole Jeep this is, if Jeeps are so awesome, why do so many Jeeps end up with Chevy drivetrains ??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, we can't all be perfect... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice score! Even got some blingin wheels...

5. gokartergo

[ QUOTE ]
    The only thing I don't understand about the whole Jeep this is, if Jeeps are so awesome, why do so many Jeeps end up with Chevy drivetrains ??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a jeep thing.. You wouldn't understand..LOL This one will end up with a lot of Chevy parts as well..

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Hey man thats cool! You got something that you will enjoy and thats all that matters!! Have fun and I hope we still see you around the boards.

Nick

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

ur guna miss ur fule guzzleing k5

8. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to hazard a guess that it's the same reason most chevys that are wheeled are filled to the gills with upgrades and aftermarket comps

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifOh Dan what have you done.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. gokartergo

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifOh Dan what have you done.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally got old..LOL /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

the lounge is a good place for a jeep post /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Just messin with ya

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Cool.......... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The only thing I don't understand about the whole Jeep this is, if Jeeps are so awesome, why do so many Jeeps end up with Chevy drivetrains ???

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Well if K5's are so awesome then why do so many end up with 1 ton axels and big blocks????
    It makes a hell of a lot more since to me to put fullsize axels in a Jeep than it does to butch a K5 to be the size of a Jeep.

14. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

truggy = "i wish i had bought something smaller, like a jeep"

in other words, you skipped all the "plastic surgery" and got the real deal /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thats a clean looking rig /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm not a YJ fan but it's still a clean rig. My Dad has a super clean 50 CJ3A and is redoing a 46 CJ2A. I dig the old flat fenders as long as they're stock.

16. gokartergo

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats a clean looking rig /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm not a YJ fan but it's still a clean rig. My Dad has a super clean 50 CJ3A and is redoing a 46 CJ2A. I dig the old flat fenders as long as they're stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep,, My dad has a 56 willys with a 283 and a edelbrock Multi port. I grew up with a jeep. I first decided I wanted something bigger. Finally came full circle and now I own a jeep..