Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

went 11.66 @ 118.2mph.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., Aug 29, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The best time i got two weekends ago in my 469ci Camaro ALL MOTOR was 11.89 @ 115.
    Last night i ran an 11.68, 11.73, 11.66 @ 118 mph. and it was HOT! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    3" x pipe exhaust rocks. only change i made. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    [​IMG]
    My 7.5 @ 95 mph 1/8 mile is pretty decent also. I'm loving that last race, except for redlighting, my 1/8 mile speed was like his 1/4 mile speed. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Grudge racing night at sac very fun even just to watch, good thing they're pretty cool up there and didn't tell me to go home, 11.99 and faster there are many extra regulations including a rollcage and 5 point harnesses.
    I hope to post the video of all my runs in the next week or two. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

VIDS??? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

awesome! have you ever put it on a dyno?

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

plan to cage it and all? I mean you have the bottle to go faster don't you?

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Bottles are for baby's. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

He doesn't need a bottle with times like that and having a conservative engine in the car. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

hell yea. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif i want to take my trucks and see what they do.my uncle's raced all the time. uncle terry had so many trophyies that he started trowing them out.he has a 64and a 1/2 mustang he bought new. he can pull the front tires off the ground still with a 289 and a big two barrel carb.and a 5. something rear gear. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ill be down there "SAC RACEWAY" with the stang soon too. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Prolly get smoked, but that ok.Just want to see what the car can do. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif see what areas it needs improving [​IMG] Shoot me a pm the next time your up here Ryan b. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

WHAT A FORD???? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif nice ride bro. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Awesome man! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

How do you get away with that and no cage?

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

is a 14.9 in a k5 respectable... do any street ricers run that? supras, spiders, the newer ones?

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

14.90 is very respectable for a K5. My buddy had a 79 Camaro a few years back with a stock 350 with bolt ons, a 700R4, and 3.42 gears and street slicks that could only pull a 15.30.

I'd be willing to bet that for a 469 CID motor in that camaro, 11.66 is pretty sad. Maybe it's not as built as most motors that big, but I'd imagine with that many cubes you should be able to get into single digits if the rest of the car is set up correctly and you can get traction.

12. 4X4HIGH

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd be willing to bet that for a 469 CID motor in that camaro, 11.66 is pretty sad. Maybe it's not as built as most motors that big, but I'd imagine with that many cubes you should be able to get into single digits if the rest of the car is set up correctly and you can get traction.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a comment like that i bet you never even owned a muscle car before.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a street car run anything under 12's?

Another thing you should consider is that he ran this car with full exhaust and D.O.T. street tires. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah once you break into the 12s it takes a lot to get faster. An 11 second street car is far more than respectable. And I'm pretty certain the car is built for nitrous, so maybe its a little milder but beefed.

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    14.90 is very respectable for a K5. My buddy had a 79 Camaro a few years back with a stock 350 with bolt ons, a 700R4, and 3.42 gears and street slicks that could only pull a 15.30.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an asshat...

Rene

15. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think it's capable of far more than that depending on how the motor is built. I've seen small blocks in street cars run 11.50s, with all those cubes, it should be capable of much more than that.

You guys can talk all the crap you want. I wasn't trying to be an ass, simply saying that I think that with an engine that big it should be far more capable.

In fact I know of a number of 1st gen Camaros that I've sold parts to people for that are running single digit 1/4s with similar setups as his.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. 4X4HIGH

[ QUOTE ]
    In fact I know of a number of 1st gen Camaros that I've sold parts to people for that are running single digit 1/4s with similar setups as his.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you aren't confusing 1/8 mile times here. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Better to be thought an asshat, then to open your yap and remove all doubt.

Keep up the good work Tim.../forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Rene

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you bother going to his site? hes making 400 hp and 400 tq at the wheels. maybe 500 at the engine. sounds like his times are on par with that power output. If you didn't notice his site has dyno results from the setup /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif