Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went 4x4ing over a honda today!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Dec 27, 2000.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Well i did my first major bit of 4x4ing today...but i think i picked the wrong thing to climb over...well i was in the turn lane and my lane was red but for goin straight was green so i decided i wanted to go straight instead...so i look over and dident see anything to my side to i went for it then whoops....dident see that little rice rocket honda civic....well i ended up parkin my passenger front tire up on top of the hood of the civic....no one got hurt (thank god) and my K5 just got a scratch on my bumper...no big deal...but next time i decide to try to 4x4 i am goin to try somewhere else becides on the street..its too expensive that way...oh well stuff happens

Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

That's funny![​IMG] Did you get any pics?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BlazerGuy on 12/27/00 05:24 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

what did the honda driver say? was he like shocked?

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

4. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

Way to FUNNY, tell me about your K5.....
    I WANNA GO HONDA HOPPING........
    Is kinda like cow tipping??

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Poor bumper lol wonder what the honda driver was thinkin?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

I love it. I carry a disposible camera in my Jimmy for just such occations. I can't tell you how many close calls i've had with those lowered pieces of crap. Hell the roof on those rice burners are just barely taller then my tires.

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

damn Honda cars. Internet bud totaled his CJ on one of them little rice rockets a couple weeks ago. Wish I had to URL where the pics are. The CJ was built pretty good but it was high speed wreck. Bent the fram of the CJ at the tranny area and tried to shove the tranny and case up through the floor. CJ ended up on it's side after crawling up on the front of the Honda. He walked away.
    The punk in the honda was trapped in the car and they had to peel the car apart to get him out. The engine of the car was just about knocked out of the passenger side fender. He watched them load the car and he said it was just about to fall out. After it was all said and done and rescue tore the roof off he said the only way you could tell what the car was was by the tail lights. Concidering the speed of the wreck the CJ looked pretty good after hearing what the honda looked like.
    Just finishing the 6 point cage in my truck and seriouslye thinking about putting one in my Wifes 79. Never know whats going to happen.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Once you got one tire up on it, did you finish the job and drive over it?? :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

9. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

a friend of mine drive's one of those little tiny geo metros, the car is barely longer than my rig is wide and if he was sitting sideways in front of my truck he could look out his window and see the GMC on my grill right in front of his face! i would hate to have someone in a car like that pull out in front of me while i was at a good speed.....
    peace.
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com>http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com</A>

10. BooShaK5

BooShaK5 Registered Member

Bravo!! But sorry about the cost.
    I've always wanted to get a bumper sticker that says
    "Honda's look nice,
    under my tires."
    But you've actually walked the walk. If you had finished it and driven completely over it I'd have to have that sticker made for and sent to you personally.

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well the guy in the honda wasent really mad at the end...at first he wanted to kick my ass but i started talkin to him and got him laughin so it was good in the end..best part is no one got hurt...thats the main thing....and i do kinda wish i would have finished off the job while i was at it. would have made a nice pict. The honda was trashed good...the driverside door would not open, hood...well yea of course that was screwed..and the driverside front fender was just screwed...but oh well like i said stuff happens then we die =-)
    but the K5 lived to drive over another honda he he =-) with very minor damage....=-)

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"