Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went for a trail ride and now no lights

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Oct 21, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i went riding saturday and all i did was climb one hill. it took 4 tries cause of my diffs scraping. and now i dont have ne headlights running lights or dash lights. anything that is controlle by the dash switch wont work. i think it may be jsut the switch. all fuses are good. so where exactly does the wire come from that goes to the switch?? where does the first wire come from for it?? ill try and start from the beginning and try to find my problem. thanx

NITRO

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

also check yur bulbs in all your sockets, how about the interior light, does that werk, or yur gage lights, does that work either, maybe somethin just unplugged, good luck to you, i had my turnsignal stop working on me, turned out the front drivers side small running light was corroded, so i just shot some battery acid eater into the socket, and on the contacts for the bulb, and wahlah it worked. i did it to all my lights, seemed to work well.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

the heaters high position for the fan doesnt work either. is there a relay somewhere that coul have gone?? not a single light hooked to the dash switch will work.

NITRO

4. GMslave

GMslave 1/2 ton status

Did you check to see if the harness was still plugged tight into the switch?

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

turns out the wire that is supposed to charge my battery grounded out on my remote solenoid causing it to arc and burn the wire all the way through. luckily it didnt cause a fire. thanx for the ideas

NITRO