Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

went for a voyage with the new doubler today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by highrider_44s, Apr 19, 2005.

1. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

Man the doubler is cool i like the control you have with all the reduction and stuff. Things were giong great till i ran out of gas on a hill climb :doah: what the hell i put 20 bucks in before i left i should have knowen with the price of gas is now 20 bones don't go as far as it used to. :tongue1:

I ran over a car thats been wrecked out in the woods since last fall :D and climbed a few small leges and stuff. The only problem is it's hard to shift the 205 it's like it loads up inside and you can't shift it. The best thing i found was to be moving and try and unload by pushing the cluch in and playing with it a bit.

Is this comon with the 205 I haven't ran a 205 before so I'm not sure if it's the twin shift i put in there. On another note my lanlords kid got a truck with a 205 and he had trubled shifting out of 4x4. :dunno:

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Pretty much any all gear t-case can and will bind up. Lockers make it worse. My old Toyota bound up all the time on high traction surfaces like rocks or even hard packed dirt. Sometimes i really had to play with it to get it to shift out of 4wd, or just go for a short cruise in a straight line and try to get it to unwind and let go.

Every 205 i have shifted is the same way if driven somewhere there is a lot of traction.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have found it best to stop and put in nutral and take foot of brake to let every thing get free and then shift it.