Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went out & got stuck By myself

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZonkRat, Feb 2, 2003.

1. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Went over bout Savanna,Tn on Tenn river and got stuck.Water level on Pic Wic lake is down prob 6- 10 ft.Big wide strip of gravel and mud around edge.Was just easing around slowly and found soft spot.6in gravel on top,no bottom to MUD.Was trying to find something to put under hi lift and tires when along came whole bunch of rail buggies.Only rear diff on ground at this point.Hooked one buggy to strap and he tried,Moved bout 3ft,Frame went to ground.Hooked two buggies to me,Don't move at all this time,just throw roost bout 20ft in air.Third buggy joins in.Finally got out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.Man am I glad.Prob would have still been digging.Not used to being on that end of strap.It all worked out ok.GOT STUCK, Got Help, Didn't break, Got video. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer on 38s in TENN.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

lucky you got out, i think ive learned my lesson about going out wheeling alone, all my stories are at night ME and a passenger and a couple girls, Had to wait till morning twice, Got pulled out by log trucks lol.

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Was in area where lots of others play,just not on regular trail.Bout 20 rail buggies came through playing in mud also.Makes me lean toward winch instead of front locker.Wasn't stuck to bad till I stood on gas when tried strap.Was fun after over.Post pic later,Got to pull one off video. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer in TENN. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

You are lucky the rails could pull you out. I tried using my sandrail to pull my buddies 78 K5 on 35s when he got stuck in the mud, and all it did was spin. Then again my rail only weighs 850 lbs with me in it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

speakin of getting pulled out...
    [​IMG]

thanks again Dan for pullen out the ford

6. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Was all in the timing,2 buggies on one strap,one with own.Took couple tries to get together and they were about to give up.Couple of them live close and one was going to come back with truck and winch.Closest tree was 4-500 ft away.Guess I owe couple favors back to someone now. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif