Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went over to Apache Muffler today and...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by santana, Sep 25, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I told the guy there I wanted dual from the manifolds to the back w/a pair of 50 series Flowmasters exiting to the rear sides.. He said it was gonna cost me $700-800 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

WTF /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

$800 for dual exhaust? That's sick!!

I think I'm gonna have to just stick with the stock setup just have it fitted to the new manifolds.. There's no way I'm dropping that kind of $$ for an exhaust system.. I was thinking more in the area of $350-400 tops.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Find a different shop. Those guys must be inhaling too many exhaust fumes

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I know C'moe went there and got the exact same thing I asked for $350.

It's just another feeble attempt by the man to keep the other man down. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Yes, $700-800 seems high for dauls on a blazer/suburban. They ran my exhaust from headers 2.5" pipes, then Y the pipes to a 3" after the transfer case and installed a high flow cat and glass pak muffler then out the back. They charged me under $300, they qouted dauls for mine, with two cats and two mufflers at $600 (but I don't want dauls). Who did ya talk to there? Butch is who I have talked with he has done some of my freinds truck/cars and always qoutes a resonable price for anything from tips to dauls.

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[darn] my buddy back in vegas got dual 2.5"s from the headers back with flowmaster 50s for about $450

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

It's a drive for you, but Mighty Muffler on Cave Creek does fantastic work. They built a very complicated and twisty Y pipe for me with a drop out cross over and it really looks sweet. Total cost, $100...

7. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

This sounds like a good idea since the existing fron the cat to the back is 1.5 years old, high flow and 40 series Flowmaster and 3" pipe. I'm gonna look up Mighty Muffler, It'l be a noisy ride down there though, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's a drive for you, but Mighty Muffler on Cave Creek does fantastic work. They built a very complicated and twisty Y pipe for me with a drop out cross over and it really looks sweet. Total cost, $100...

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, when I worked for Fly-n-Hi up on cave creek they did all our exhaust work. very nice work.

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I second Mitey Muffler on Cave Creek. When I was livin down there I had a couple of systems done and I was always surprised at how little it cost to do the work. I don't know if they still have the "kid" down there but he is/was amazing. He used to do all of his measuring with a piece of welding rod then walk over to the bender and all was done cept for the welding. Actually I saw him rebend one angle prolly about 5 degrees. My exhausts will always be built by them. Just my two cents worth.

Allan

10. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

He is still there and his name is Luke. He pretty much runs the place now...

11. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Not surprised at all he's still there. Looked like it was fun for him so it makes sense he outlasted everybody else.

Allan