Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went shootin' today!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Apr 21, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Went shootin\' today!!!

I went to my dads and we got out to the range and he starts pullin' all these rifles out because he thinks I should use a different gun for elk ( I use a 270) so I tried my dads 350 magnum ( nice but didn't feel right) then I shot a short barreled 45-70( nah to short) then the 50 caliber( don't feel like playin' Jeremiah Johnson, single shot and all)Then the ol' man breaks out the ELEPHANT GUN, the 458 magnum (so after being KICKED by the elephant 3 times)I thought (ahhh just right) but damn my shoulder is startin' to sting.hehehehe, this is the same gun that blew my brother right onto his ass, man I wish I could of been there for that one .../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ELK here I come ..../forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re: Went shootin\' today!!!

I hear you with the elephant guns. Me and my dad have two. One is a 45-70 guide gun, and the other is a Siamese Mauser converted to 45-70. That gun is a beast. It will take the highest pressure 45-70 rounds out there, and I have loaded 500gr round nose (metal sleeved lead core) to about 200FPS less then 458 Win. Mags. That thing will knock the piss out of whoever shoots it, but I feel sorry for whatever it hit. I did a penetration test with those rounds, and the bullet went threw 4 4x4 posts, 2 2x4 boards, and about 6" of dirt. It would suck to get whatever got hit by that.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My Dad said the last time he shot the 458 he hit an elk at 50 yards and it flipped over before it hit the ground dead..../forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ouch!

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I go out to a shooting range alot. I usely take my .50 cal Deasert Eagle. Sometimes it's the 9mm or .357, I like the hand guns. I do like to shoot off the pistal grip 12 gauge every now and then. Sometimes a friend will bring his rifles. He's got a trunk load of WW2 guns.

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Damn hoss all this gun talk makes me wonder if may 12th can get here fast enough

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Nope. My 12 guage and my truck are calling me, and I can't respond for 3 more weeks. I am miserable. I am going to have to get the AK with the Cypress Hill out again. This time I might have to get out the 100rd. drum for it. Maybe the AR-15 too. I am feening for some gunplay, and runnin things over with my truck.

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I went hunting today for spring turkey. Didn't kick anything up, but dang near got carried away by the mosquitoes. They're bad out there /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That's the gun Dirty Harry used in the movie 'Dirty Harry' to try to take out that freak on the roof of the building.............man that is some firepower. Made his .44 magnum look like a .22..............BOOM