Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went to a fire call today....(and other Cadillac rants)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Nov 14, 2004.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

and got 10-22'd (return to station). In that time, I successfully dropped the gas mileage in the Cadillac from 23.6 MPG to 23.3, and probably took another 1,000K miles of life out of the engine. And, to top it all off, the change oil and check washer fluid level lights came on. That car is too fawkin smart for it's own good.

I'll pull into work and from the MINOR bumps in the driveway, it will say "Stability Reduced". There's no better feeling in the world than to have the pedals vibrate and lose all functionality.

If the temp gauge hits 36* outside, it says "Ice Possible". Oh, well no [censored]! I forgot I was dumb enough to drive a Cadillac, but passed all of my Science classes with an A.

I was backing out of my friend's driveway a few weeks ago. I got right in the middle of the street and the damn thing CUTS OFF and another light comes across the message board saying "Inspect Airbag". You've never seen a white boy move away from a steering wheel so fast in your life...

There's one other thing that really pisses me off about this car. It can be 20 below -30* outside and you can have the thermostat set on 75*. Somewhere in this car's infinite fawkin wisdom is the thought that it should run the A/C compressor regardless of the outside temp. It will continue to turn on and off until you MANUALLY turn it off by pressing "AC OFF".

What kind of sland-eyed chinky bastard technology is this?!

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The weak and lazy want, the weak and lazy get

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

Are you calling me an [censored]? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

No, that's the general state of society today "WHAT ADJUST THE MIRRORS BY HAND!? GOD NO!"

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh... Good ol' GM technology... My FoRd has manual mirrors... and windows... and door locks... no fancy pants bs on that Ranger... ohhhh no...

But I like power windows...

6. Resurrection_Joe

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, i want to yell at you about that, but I won't, just so you know

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

Hey, you can't mess with my auto-dimming rear-view mirror that, by the way, doesn't do diddly squat.

Ya gotta love the auto-leveling rear suspension though.

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Unless said suspension has a hole in the airbag and the compressor runs nonstop a la our former '77 Seville. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh... Good ol' GM technology... My FoRd has manual mirrors... and windows... and door locks... no fancy pants bs on that Ranger... ohhhh no...

But I like power windows...

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif yes and that is a Ford not a Lincoln. If you had a Lincoln it would be almost the same as the stupid Cadillac. My friend's grandmom always has Caddys. We beat the crap out of those little things. The one said "inspect ride control" forever. We still have no idea how the **** you do that. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Wait, whyd youget it if you don tlike all that stuff?!?!?1 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My dad's caddy's all have that luxury junk, and at times it's pretty nice.
    I guess they're running out of things to do with technology... I read in a tech magazine recently that there's a lot of research occuring right now for nothing, like into what technology *can* do, but there's no real reason to do it. But they're R&Ding the stuff anyway.

I'm currently driving a Buick Park Avenue Ultra (supercharged /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif). The trunk thing that pulls the trunk lid down is broken, so the trunk lid is open about an inch. It was great in the rain last week /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I had a bag of Mortar in the trunk.

12. BigOrange90Jimmy

ask my mother...it's her car