Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went to a Volvo driving event today-

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, May 2, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

was pretty darn good. Tried a s40 with the turbo inline 5. was nice!! Could only imagine how the S60R feels. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyways, while I was there, saw a f550 crew cab dually. Man, that thing was SWEET. I looked underneath it, but it had no spare? there was a gas tank there, and a gas tank unbetween the frame rails. The truck ran on 19.5" truck rims.

Question, where do they keep the spare?? I want to mount an aux tank where my spare is too!

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

The 550 chassis do not come with spare tires from the factory. If you want one you have to order it special from the dealer, and due to the design (chassis cab) there is no space for the spare under the bed. I have seen several of the 550 crew cab's w/ pickup beds at the dealer up the road from me, and not one of them had a spare, the beds were also custom. There was an addition to the bed at the front to make up the extra couple of inches in difference between the CC wheelbase and a normal (F350) Crew Cab wheelbase.

That being said, the driving course was cool wasn't it. I went to a Cadillac driving event with Car and Driver a couple years ago. It was such a blast. I was the best driver in my group but next to the guys from C&D I looked like I just got a learners permit. My older brother got to go to a BMW event like this and my younger brother got to go to one set up by BFG that ran a bunch of high performance cars like Mustang Cobras, Corvettes, Z28s . . . Those events are such a blast to get to go to. If anyone ever gets a chance to go to one, no mater the manufacturer I'd jump on it!