Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

went to court for damn ticket... itsall good now...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, May 21, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

ok, so, I show up at the town of gilbert courthouse (ironicaly enough, a goddamn trailer) and wander into an extremely packed waiting room... I check in, wait for 5 minutes or so, then file into the court with everyone else.... this isn;t a real hearing, merely an arrainment to decide if oyu want a hearing ( officer doesn';t have to show up to this sucker) and wait my turn to talk with the judge... I go up, he asks `how do you plea? responsible? not responsible? deffensive driving school, or 2 week deferral?' I of course asked him the real zingger... what kind of fine does this carry? are there points involved? etc... he doesn't know, so, I am sent to ask someone else, who says no points, and sends me back into the judge...( shecam in to help `splain tehlaw too) so, I plea responsible, givehim my story, and walk out with a 25 dollar fine. I suppose I could have asked for a hearing, and wasted the officers time too, but that would have wasted more of my time, and for a 10-75 dollar fine, no points, it wasn't worth it to me.

oh well, I go away now...

-Rich

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I bet if you'd taken the court date, they'd have maxed out the fine just becouse you took it all the way. $25.00 isn't bad, what was the offence ???

3. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

"what was the offence ??? "

Driving an ugly, primer spotted Suburban of course.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Just kidding Rich!

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the offense was `squeeling tires' apparently gilbert has a municipal code against that kind of thing, that they like to slap little ricers with, and people that cops want to have a hard time with...

$25 was nothing compared to the big brother of that `crime' known of as `Display of power (9 points, 200-400 dollar fine, possible 6 month suspension of license, etc) but still a pain in the ass...

oh well, its over with, and I can move on now.

-Rich