Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went to look at a K5 today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Oct 1, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

88-91 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, blue. Had some nasty looking Eagle 589s on it that hadn't been polished in about 3 years. 4" lift of some kind but the springs looked like crap, so it must have been really old. 4" blocks and shims in back /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif 700R4/208 and a leaky 350 TBI. Still had the 10 bolts with probably 3.08s and the right front fender and the door were all crinkled and needed to be replaced. It wasn't exactly a rustbucket, but it certainly wasn't rust free. Oh yeah, and it had my favorite tires, 35x14.50 Stuckbirds. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Any guesses as to the price?

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

hmmm if your posting it here it must be high. How about 8000

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'll give you a hint. It was about a $2500 truck.

4. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll give you a hint. It was about a $2500 truck.

[/ QUOTE ]
    $2500?

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

$10k

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Jackass told me $5000 firm. I laughed at him on the phone and said thanks anyway and hung up.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Don't you hate when people try to get what they put into something? Just cause you spend it doesn't make it worth it. I have no dillusions that my k5 will be work 5k when I'm done.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

He didn't have anything in it I'd bet. I doubt he even built it. It was a total POS, so I'd figured I could pick it up for 2 grand or so. I was totally shocked when he told me the price.

It's not like this was a "built" rig. It was nothing more than a worn out, stock rig with a crappy 4" lift and some tires.

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hey now!!!!!!! I have a worn out stock truck with a 4 inch lift and some tires. And I'm here to defend all of us with the same setup. Course I only spent 1600 bucks for mine so I guess I'll just shut up now. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Good luck on talkin this guy down to a resonable price!!

Allan

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

After that comment I'm not even going to call him back. It would have been a really nice rig for 2 grand but I am definitely not spending $5000 on a K5 unless it's rust free from Arizona and runs great.

I probably would bring tires with me for the drive home even if I did buy it. I can't stand thornbirds. I'd even consider leaving them with the guy I bought the rig from and not even driving the truck home on them.

12. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

I have a 78 GMC JIMMY with a fresh 350,new brakes(everything new),new axle bearings,all original and loaded.Oh yeah its originally from Arizona(almost no rust at all)! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I know/ lost the nuber, /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif for a rust free 75 in az for 2500

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I know/ lost the nuber, /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif for a rust free 75 in az for 2500

[/ QUOTE ]

That's alright I'm not really in the market now anyway, I just saw it and stopped.

Either way I'm not interested in a '70s truck anyway as I prefer the square headlight rigs.

15. Magnus88

Magnus88 Registered Member

I am reading all these posts from people getting uppset over prices of things. Im not trying to jump on anyone, i just have a different view on the whole "by-sell-thing".
    The price of something (in this case a /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif) doesn't necessareily have anything to do with the worth of the actual item or what is put into it. What the seller is asking is only the reflection of one thing.

How much money will it take for me to part from this thing at this particular moment?

Of course, if he doesnt find a buyer at that price he won't get the thing sold, but thats not the point. Maby he will be fine having the thing in his backyard untill he re-evaluates the situation. Perhaps in a couple of months he will be needing $1500 fast and then that will be the price, since he doesn't have time for waiting to score a real deal anymore...

As i said, i'm not trying to jump on anyone this is just my cheap-a**-non-paying-member humble oppinion. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

yep this is true. A local swap shop has a freshly rebuilt 350sbc on a stand with intake and 4bbl carb. it has been there for almost 20 years with a $1500 price tag and the man will not budge. I cleared off some of the dust one day and offered him $500 in cash but no go.

17. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I'll sell you a rust free M1009 tub, frame and axles complete with front fenders, tailgate and hardtop with glass. Needs total rebuild, but you could do it having your current truck as a donor! $1000 firm. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I bet that engine is junk now after 20 years of sitting!

19. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I bet that engine is junk now after 20 years of sitting!

[/ QUOTE ]you can bet on that!!LOL /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll sell you a rust free M1009 tub, frame and axles complete with front fenders, tailgate and hardtop with glass. Needs total rebuild, but you could do it having your current truck as a donor! $1000 firm. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about I trade ya for my K30 body and frame? It'd make a wonderful platform to start with. If you deliver I'll even include the 400/205 setup....