Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went to swap tires and they were just gone

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 5, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I finally decide to get some tire swaps situated... including putting the 4 33" Coopers on chrome rims onto the plow truck project frame. I pull off the two rear tires and go to grab one of the 33's and there's nothing there.

Confused, I think about it, and I had left them right there next to the frame in the driveway, which is close to the house and not visible from the street. I didn't think that someone would be finding them and stealing them between 1am and 9am today, but I guess I was wrong.

I followed the tire tread tracks in the snow from where they were last night and they lead out the driveway, around the diesel and to the street. Now yet again something screws up my plans, and I'm down one set of tires I never wanted to get rid of.

Thieves piss me off. I'm still hoping that a friend borrowed them in a quick need for them this morning, but that's just wishful thinking.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Theft is up all over the place. Our headline in today's newspaper, "Holidays easy for thievery, common sense can help avoid crime."

This week a local man had his Ford Exploder and Minivan stolen out of the driveway. This guy drove around for 2 days straight until he spotted the Exploder. Caught the 19 year old thief and then caught his 20-something year old buddy with the minivan.

We have had the nightly Christmas ornament theft. Also had 3 cars stolen in our area in the last 2 weeks alone. My brother's car was stolen a week ago in South Denver.

Whatever the root cause may be, stealing seems to be at an all time high.

3. mountainexplorer

I don't know why anyone would go after an old set of 33x12.50R16.5 Cooper Discoverers on 8-lug Chrome Mods. Two were good, but the other two were a bit more worn. Rims weren't anything fancy. Point was, I needed those tires.

I had a pair of nearly new 245/75R16 tires next to them on rims... they werent touched... nothing else was touched... BBC headers, jackstands, etc...

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Hopefully it was just some of your friends.

You never know what thieves are thinking though. They cut the chainlink fence to get into our yard and stole a power steeing pump I had laying on the ground, but they took the time to take the hoses off. That's not all. They threaded the CB antenna off my truck, took the whip off the big spring base, and left the whip.

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did the dog go hi-tailin' down the street??? :haha:

Thieves suck, hope you get to ram a crusty 1-ton tie rod up their arses!!

6. mountainexplorer

It was the one night that the mystery dog took off (since Sunday morning) and didn't come back until late this morning. Nice timing huh?

All I have so far as evidence is the pictures I took of the tire tread tracks in the snow and a dropped cigarrette butt.

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

sorry to hear that bro. this world is filled with asshats thats for sure.

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Nice of them to take a smoke break while stealing from you. Some forensic guys use super glue fumes to pick up a better print. Just don't sniff it.