Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went to the range today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Nov 6, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

shot a couple targets (about 250 rounds) with a HK USP 9mm, looks like I'm stilla bit left and down, I didn't dry fire with snap caps, I usually am a little higher but it seems always left /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    the wild ones around the outside are from my 40 yard shots, most are 12-20 yards

then I shot my buddies new bersa 380 at 20 yards
    [​IMG]

On a similar note, I just won this on Gunbroker.com for $525! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [​IMG]
    Won it Friday night, still waiting for contact from the seller, I hope to pick it up Thursday or Friday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I hate to be in the recieving end of that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Then again, they're only 9mms and .380s....sissy. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. jjlaughner

big talk from a guy thats not even fired his yet /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I got a 40 on the way, if 18 rounds of 9mm 147grain JHP don't knock you down 7 rounds of a 45 wont do much better, let alone 10 rounds of 40
    I'm thinking of loading the 9 with a 147gr HP, then a 124gr +P FMJ, HP, FMJ...etc just incase I need to shoot through cover of some sort... like a car door, table or a plaster wall /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I got a 40 on the way, if 18 rounds of 9mm 147grain JHP don't knock you down you might as well have used the last three on yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hicap hater /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Howdya like the Bersa? I've been wanting one for pocket carry for a while

7. jjlaughner

The bersa seems to be a good tight gun. Needs a houge grip or something. Beings its small and light it has stiff kickbacks and after 14 rounds had my hand wanting a houge grip. It is small and concealable, would be a great pocket gun or secondary ankle weapon.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I hate to be in the recieving end of that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Then again, they're only 9mms and .380s....sissy. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Step up to a real man's gun. Desert Eagle 50 [​IMG]

9. Resurrection_Joe

A real poor man's gun. a poor man with a bad back, a lean to his walk, and an inferiority complex

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I want a Jericho 9mm, SPIKE HAD ONE !

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    A real poor man's gun. a poor man with a bad back, a lean to his walk, and an inferiority complex

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I want a Jericho 9mm, SPIKE HAD ONE !

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Okay, sure.

11. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

my uncle's got a bersa .380 that ive shot a bunch. it feels well made, and ive never had it jam on me. but as stated above, its got a nasty recoil for such a small gun. for being a concealed carry gun, its pretty good, and at a pretty good price as well

12. Resurrection_Joe

How much does that giant hunk of overbearing testosterone driven rediculousness weigh in at?

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    How much does that giant hunk of overbearing testosterone driven rediculousness weigh in at?

[/ QUOTE ] Not sure, it is alittle heavy, but it's ballanced very well. Recoil isn't bad at all. I fire mine one handed. Go ahead and make fun of them if you want too, but once you fire one, you'll want one too.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    my uncle's got a bersa .380 that ive shot a bunch. it feels well made, and ive never had it jam on me. but as stated above, its got a nasty recoil for such a small gun. for being a concealed carry gun, its pretty good, and at a pretty good price as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't shoot a .380 at a person. I'd rather have a gun that's a little bigger that packs sufficient punch to incapacitate someone with 1-2 shots than have something with poor ballistics like that.

Both can achieve the same goal, but 9mm is where I draw the line. Smaller than that and you (depending on shot placement) might piss them off.

(I told the owner of this Bersa that last week to his face)

15. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

a .380 +p round is just as powerful as a .357 mag round-if not more, and IMO thats more than adequate. A 9mm round WILL go thru a car door, or plaster just fine...but just one layer-maybe 2. Thats why many PDs opt to carry 9mm, the stats of missing are much higher than the hit ratio-and those stray rounds go somewhere-no need to take lil johnny out thats sleeping in his bed in the next apartment.

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Actually most police agencies are going away from 9mm and adopting .40 instead.

17. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

maybe in your area...some here allow a personally bought side arm (.40) but they still ISSUE a 9mm.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    maybe in your area...some here allow a personally bought side arm (.40) but they still ISSUE a 9mm.

[/ QUOTE ]

9mm is fine IMO--even in a subcompact. .380 out of a 2" barrel is not.

19. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i dont want a .380 either, i was just commenting on performance for RJ. i want a real gun, like a .40 or a .45

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i want a real gun, like a .40 or a .45

[/ QUOTE ]

See my other post for that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif