Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went to the street races last night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by anatomiczero, Jul 28, 2002.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

It was my first time going to the street races last night. I went with my brother in his 96 Cavalier Z24, and some other people (Ford Focus, S10 pickup and some others).

Parked behind a gas station with other people, checked out cars etc. Followed some people up to Seattle, cops, went back to Kent, went up to Seattle again to see cops, went back. A Dodge Neon from our group was pulled over for follwing too closely.

Drove around with a couple of people, some guy was standing in the middle of a street by some semi trucks and told us to "get the f*ck out of here" like he owned the road. We were not racing, just driving around.

We didn't do any racing. The people that were trying to race were going to empty business roads where there was no traffic or anyone around (except cops)

I mainly went just to see what the races were about.

2. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Over here, they tow the vehicles of both racers and spectaters. Earlier this year we had 2 deaths in one month that included a 12 year old passanger.

Not to be a downer, but I would seriously sugest going to the race track to watch the action where it's a controlled enviorment and the cars are very unlikely to crash into the spectators.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I agree...seen too much carnage in 'industrial' areas when I was young. My spectator days were limited to the start line though, even back then i figured anyone farther down was stupid or had a death wish.

They recently changed the laws up here regarding any street racing. If you're caught street racing they will suspend your license on the spot for ! month and impound your car for a month. Then you get all the fines, demerit points and have to pay the impound and storage fees.

The worst carnage lately has been street racing in broad daylight in traffic...

Our local track has street legal drags most Friday nights...much more fun and definitely more safe.

Rene

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Ford Focus, S10 pickup

[/ QUOTE ] How did the Focus do? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

The Focus didn't race, but it did beat a Prelude 2.0 the other night. ... Ya, it is pretty stupid to street race, I guess people like the adrenaline rush.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The adrenaline rush of seeing friends getting mowed down by some loser street racing is pretty intense too...
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    it did beat a Prelude 2.0 the other night

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well it must be super fast then... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Rene

7. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I got this off the ford website for the focus ZTS....

Do you like to move fast? Open up the 2.0L, 16-valve Zetec engine and you have 130 horses at your disposal. This engine features sequential multi-port fuel injection and dual overhead cams, two features found in many high-performance engines.

130 Horses at my disposal /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I've been to a number of street races, some of 'em were cool as hell. There are some really neat rides out there, and they seem to only come out for these events. (not that I condone such acts.... yada.. yada.. yada..)

The loacal strip has opened up a "street racer" run on Friday nights, from what I hear it a major hit! They pack the place to capacity every night since they started the event. Run 'em back to back- heads-up, the way it should be.

9. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

So toss the thing in the trash.

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

You missed some sweet races on Friday night! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif If you want to go sometime PM me maybe we can set up a meet. Or I can take you to the legit races. I have a few friends with some competitve cars, that are fun to watch. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    It is true though, street racing is NOT for the normal person. But I belive if your there you know something could happen. What angers me is when people who don't have anything to do with the racing get hurt!! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif like dodging in and out of traffic, and "daytime" racing. But really its only diffrence from when my folks did it, is the concequences(from law enforcment), and the amount of enforcement.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

street racing is for idiots. crawling is what its ALL about. 'nuff said.

J