Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

went toe to toe with a new Monte Carlo today...

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Ddragggon, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I dunno if the new ones are really that slow, or if my truck is really that fast...

the story:
    I'm at a stoplight in the left turn lane, with a brand new, temporary license plate Monte Carlo in front of me... light turns green, we turn, and I floor it in the 77 C20. (454 with 400 HP, 500 Ft/lbs) he of course hears this, since only dead people who were deaf durring thier lives, and had no ears, and wore earmuffs to thier own funeral can filter out most the noise, and depresses his accelerator... so, I say what the hell, and keep mine firmly planted to the floor... although I never passed him, he never got any farther away then he was when I hit the gas, until I let off ( 90+ MPH, about 1/3 mile down the road)

question I have, of course is are the new monte carlos really that slow, or should I drop the $20 to take it down to Firebird raceway, and run a time trial some weekend?

-Rich

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    question I have, of course is are the new monte carlos really that slow, or should I drop the $20 to take it down to Firebird raceway, and run a time trial some weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about the new Monte Carlo's but I'd say head down and drop $20 just for the fun of it. I'm sure there wouldn't be many racers in your bracket and then you would know exactly what you could do.

Of course the downfall is that no matter how fast you run you will head home dreaming of all the $$$ you can put into the truck to get just .01 seconds faster!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Its only 15 to race on friday nights at firebird /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

do it do it do it do it

5. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Not to burst your bubble, but the new Montes are only 3.8 litre V-6s!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Its only 15 to race on friday nights at firebird /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]hmm....
    [ QUOTE ]
    do it do it do it do it

[/ QUOTE ]well... ok, the arm: shes twisting.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Not to burst your bubble, but the new Montes are only 3.8 litre V-6s!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, I heard that bit...and apparently if it weren't an SS, it'd only have a 3.1 in it.

it was mostly just fun to give the guy a run for his money in a vehicle that cost 1/10 as much as his did new, and has several patches of primer/rough paint/uglyness frame deep on it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

dang las vegas motor speedway is $5 per pass. mudbogad and i are gonna go race in 4 low one day just to see how people react to 2 7.5 foot tall rigs tearin up the strip at maybe 30mph and 5000rpm. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dang las vegas motor speedway is $5 per pass. mudbogad and i are gonna go race in 4 low one day just to see how people react to 2 7.5 foot tall rigs tearin up the strip at maybe 30mph and 5000rpm. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, but firebird international speedway is more internationaly renound then vegas... so there. or something. one of these days, hehe

9. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

15 bucks is for all night, 1 pass or 20 passes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif They dont let any lifted vehicle race at firebird anymore, because of my friend Roger. He had an old white solid front axle toyota that was lifted 10" and ran 10.90s. He was featured on the TNN show trucks when they were here for the truckin nationals acouple of years back. During the friday night practice rouns he pulled the front wheel over 7 feet off the ground. He almost put it up on the rear bumper. He had a built 383 stroker with 250 hp shot of nitous. The only bad part was he had to remove the t-case, so he could have a decent driveshaft length. It was a great street racer to /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I remember seeing that thing launch and lift the front end off the ground on TrucksTV. That was totally bada$$ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

have heard about that, I need a pic darnit /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah i've seen that too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif