Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

went wheelin' RAAAR!!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Ddragggon, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

went wheelin\' RAAAR!!

I've got no job, rapidly running out of money, nothing good going for me, but just had the best time I've had in quite some time. took the suburban down Table mesa road with my brother to try and find a Geocache someone planted out there, starting at about 830 tonite... so, we packed some flashlights, some GPS's, beer, and took off into the night. did some tricky up and downs on waterfalls, and whatnot, ( impressed him a lot, and even left me feeling a greater aprpeciation for my truck then I had) didn't find the cache, but did drink most the beer we brought... just got home 20 minutes ago, and as I said, all sorts of great fun.

-Rich

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Re: went wheelin\' RAAAR!!

COOOOOOOOLLLLL!!! I'm going out again this weekend. My buddy family in his burb & me, two of my kids, & my burb. This is the first time off road for my 8yr old daughter. I hope I can stand the screamin (her) & cryin (me) though!!! I dove over some small hills with bumbs and once I stop driving level, her eyes get bigger than headlights & she starts to freak. Anyway, it'll still be a blast. After all, any wheelin is better than no wheeling at all!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've heard about the geocache deals before and thought about trying to find some. Might be kind of fun.

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

they can be... I don't recall the web address off hand, because I only go in a passive role... I own no GPS doodads, so I generaly become the Driver of the expedition, which quite frankly, is more then allright with me.

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Can someone explain this "Geocache" thing to me? I'm clueless!!! (and curious)
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

http://www.geocaching.com/

basicaly, you goto this website, and get coordinates that you punch into your GPS. then, you go look for these coordinates, and when you get there, somewhere nearby, there's a hidden box or container of somesorts. inside are bits and doodads of junk, and a logbook. quite entertaining for the outdoorsy types, with an added twist by doing it at night time, such as my brother and I were doing. he's currently working on setting up a multi leg cache ( you find a cache, which contains cliues as to where the next cache is at) that'll include about 200 miles of vehicle travel, ( 40 offroad) and 20 miles of hiking...

-Rich