Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Went wheeling

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Paxx, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Well on the weekend I went wheeling for the first time of the season in my buddy's international scout. (I know its not a blazer but at least the top comes off /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
    We went chewing up and around through the hills near our town, when we spotted a nice mud hole so after much egging on from yours truly we went to hit it. wasn't much of a mud hole actually more of a big puddle. anyway he crashed through it rather fast (I know first mistake), right at the start of the puddle we hit a rut hard and the engine died. Just enough momentum to carry us right into the middle of the hole /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    we popped the hood and there was muddy water everywhere! When I looked in there I couldn't believe my eyes /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif there was no cover on the air intake /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif The air filter was completely soaked. Thank god he didn't hydrolock his engine! So anyway as luck would have it one of our friends dads came around the corner in his bronco and pulled us out after mocking us for a while. We rolled it back to town. (you don't have to go far to wheel here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) let the engine dry out a bit and it fired right up.
    Still just couldn't believe the air filter setup he had going on under there /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Oh well just thought I'd tell you guys /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    ltr

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Water ?? I thought you guys still had ice up there /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif