Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

were are front lights grouned to?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by bryguy00b, May 17, 2004.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok, i got some goofy things going on with the lights on my 87 s10. the front right side parking lamp/signal is very dim, so u can barly see it, and the headlight also does not work on that side, (i think its an electrical problem, not bad bulb but havnt comfirmed that yet) and now the other head light just stopped working. also, the dim marker light i mentioned, when u turn the hazerds on, its bright and works fine, im guessing bad ground some place. wear are the grounds located? thanks guys!!

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The ground for mine is behind the battery...if you don't have small hands you will have to pull the battery to get to it.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok, well figured it out today, was msotly a combination of goofy grounds..the one u mentioned to.. and some goofy sockets messing up some of the other bulbs/connections. i think i have two bad headlights though, i have good ground and power to each and tested them with a test light but they dont light up

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I just got some conversion lights that let you use cartrage headlights insted of sealed beams. I think they were like $30 form AutoZone. They put out more light and are also lighter. That might be the way to go if you have to replace them...