Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Were D70s aver used in the military?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Batmanjr, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Simple question, if yes, on what trucks? M????
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. cjblais

cjblais Registered Member

jeep m-715 had dana 70 rears full floater and dana 60 fronts. it was a 1 1/2 ton pickup.

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Were these considered the Kieser Jeeps? I know what those look like! I'm looking for the D70 fronts.... I'm trying to order stub shafts! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

not an army truck, but don't f550's or 450's come with d70's or 80's. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

hold on, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifi remember one of the 4x4 mags had a blazer on 70's i'll see where he got 'em. give me a couple mins. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

ok, found it. AUG2002 edition of FOURWHEELER. big blazer on cover, 1st gen. *flips pages*

"He began with a pair of Dana 80 rear axles pirated form an F-450 truck."

well, that's that. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

happy to help... i think. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Were these considered the Kieser Jeeps? I know what those look like! I'm looking for the D70 fronts.... I'm trying to order stub shafts! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, these were in the M715 Kaiser Jeeps. And yes, its spelled "Kaiser", too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

These axles in these big Jeeps are a 6 lug pattern, but a larger pattern and the front D60's are the weakest of all with the closed knuckles.

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The Kaiser D70 fronts are not the application for the Dana 35 spline stubs. As Wes said these are not as desirable as the D60's commonly seen today. The 35 spline D70 front axles are extremely rare, probably the most common application would be in a fork lift or some other equipment rather than a truck.

If all you need is a part number for the stub the Billavista D60 article should have that.

8. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

What I'm really looking for is the NSN for the stubs! I might have to Fed LOg the Part number(382-871) and see what I come up with... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif