Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

were should i go.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eightyone, Jan 31, 2005.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

im planning on moving away and getting a job somewhere. im not sure were i want to go. im thinkin the carolinas, or maybee texas. does anyone know were it would be good to start a life? im gunna need a job ding construction, or driving trucks. i have a CDL. or any other job. im not trying to strike it rich, but ide like to have a house some day. iim down with living pretty much anywere. so lets here some suggestions and reasons.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

stay out of CA, its $$$$ and most of the laws suck, oh yeah, and its turning into mexico big time

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

<<<< so true

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You can come join my caravan down to the deepest, darkest regions of Satan's universe......................... :D

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Or better yet...................................

"EVER BEEN TO MEXICO BOYS????????????????????????????????"

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Check into cost of living / taxes where you want too go. I'm in the Black Hills, it's nice up here, but the cost of living is high because it's a major tourist area. The same loaf of bread back in Omaha for .65 cost $1.39 up here. Stuff like that adds up.

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Have you seen the donkey show?? :grin:

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

www.bankrate.com go to calculators, and moving, they have cost of living comparos for two areas. People were telling me Colorado Spring is expensive, I looked it up and turns out its the same if not cheaper than where I've lived my whole life.

9. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

As we say down here "nothin' finer than being in Carolina". Cheap living, no inspection laws, fairly nice weather, the beach or the mountains are only 4 hours away at the most, beautiful southern honeys, super nice people everywhere. Now the bad, no really high paying jobs, hurricanes, tornados, very little snow (usually just some ice), and no beer sold on Sunday. :mad:

10. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I vote California.

Better wheelin.
    Better women.
    Better mountains.
    Better weather.

Besides, Mexicans make good food and they'll mow your yard for cheap. Don't hate on them, you would leave that ****ty country too.

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Lotsa trucking companies round 'bout he'a.

Lotta construction round Charlotte.

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ten thousand BOO's all around

13. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Yea, the Carolinas are growing real fast, I'm sure you could find a construction job without even batting an eye. And it's legal to do fun things here.

14. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

you should check out greenville south carolina i am sure you'd have no problem finding a construction job, plus there is construction everywhere i look greenville is growing fast. if you do come down this way i'd be trying to get on with the Strange Brother's Grading Co. alot of those guys come to eat a the BBQ joint i work at from the Strange Bro's themseves on down to the guys doin the dirty work. good people all around from my experience. the owner's of the place i work are pretty tight with Mr. Strange if you do decide to head this way give me a shout and i see what's available maybe able to get a foot in the door for ya!:D

15. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

thanks for your input. im feelin the carolinas alot, my grandparents live in charleston sc. im goin down to stay with them at the end of february. ide go sooner, but im not allowed to leave the state untill my court date:mad:. im also going to be making a stop in florida to stay with my girlfriend who goes to school there. but thats alittle too south for me, im used to having seasons.

16. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Come to AZ , wheel with us . I will gladly send some Yuppies and concrete in exchange :D

17. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the carolinas but may be good. I would try more south cause i am alergic to the cold. Don't think the work is to plentyful in alabama but alright in ga. At work we do send alot of work to south carolina. Florida cost abit and state gets taxes from sales tax so things cost alot. Driving jobs suck from all my friends i hear. but they say alot of good runs between other southern states. If i left ga. I would try tenn. or one of the carolinas. Alot of the northern people at work say they would not go back to the cold and high utilties up north. I know nothing about west of alabama so can't say good or bad about that.

18. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

yeah, im working out in the cold 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. its usually about 4 degrees when i get up in the monring.thats one of the reasons i want to go south. but i do enjoy plowing whentheres alot of snow. and i also gosnowboarding almost every sunday, but im sellin my snowboard so i cant snowboard anymore. i just want to go south with my bmx bike and tools, and try to make a living without making work my life. what to do, what to do.

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

come on up to canada.

have some one punch you in the face a few times then burn you passport and all ID on the plane and clame refugee status.

you will have a welfar chech that DAY!

not like my yanky wife its takeing forever to get all the crap they need and aproved to have her be here legaly

20. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status