Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Were To Buy a Luk Clutch Online?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Burt4x4, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I do a search on Luk Pro Gold and Dial-A-Clutch seams to be the only one out there???? They want 225....anyone know a better price or source? Do any of the 'chain' parts stores carry Luk? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I will check with my parts store in town here Steve.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool, not sure who carrys this brand? Their website does not have a "Where to Buy" button /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

The Napa I work at carries them instead of the POS NAPA clutches. My employee cost for the 04-902 Pro GOld for my BBC was $183 for the entire kit. I don't recall what the OTC price is (don't work until next tuesday)

Cheers, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Chris

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya that is what I am after, same part # and everything!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Too bad we wern't in the same town /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    I have a Napa I'll call tem and see what they can do...thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. fortcollinsram

yeah don't count on them carrying LUK though. each individual napa store has some what of a choice to to carry what they want...it doesn't ahve to be a napa line. but most stores ust choose to carry napa line b/c the distribution is tried and trued and easy to use..if you go with a non-napa line like LUK, or House of Kolor paint (which we carry) you are on you own for getting it to you store and setting up the line.

Luckily the store I work out of is pretty sweet and we have LUK, house of Kolor, can make Gates hydraulic hoses, Haldex HD truck parts, Spicer parts, Eaton parts, Neapco parts, and more...

it is all dependent on how far the store is willing to go...

Chris

7. MoonMan

MoonMan Registered Member

The local NAPAs here don't carry Luk and I couldn't find anywhere online to buy one, so I got fed up and called the company. Turns out that Pep Boys carries their line of clutches /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Sorry, can't tell ya that the price is better though, thats what I paid for my Pro Gold.

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks I do have a PepGirls in my town so I'll try them...Gota get on the phone nad start calling all of the parts houses in my hood /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Pep Girls can get it for 269.99 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifNOT!!!!!!!!
    So far no one else local......

10. MoonMan

Wow /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Must be actual gold in that clutch. I didn't pay THAT much for mine back in October. I think that paid about $220 from Pep Boys and I thought it was over priced at that. I can tell ya though, in the few thousand miles I have on mine that I really like it.

11. MoonMan

I just called the local Pep Boys and they want $199 for a 12" Luk Pro Gold, so I thinks you be gettin' hosed /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I think Parts Mike sells them. No idea of pricing.

13. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Try paying $700 for LUK clutch/aluminum flywheel setup....for a sport compact....Another reason I love the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. fortcollinsram

Check out the price on a Centerforce DF!!! It doesn't even include the T.O. bearing... And it is a LUK pressure plate to boot...

Chris

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Autozone carries Luk products (branded) but you have to request them directly.

I'm sure I could easily get one through the high performance distributors at my work, but we do not carry them in the store.

I bought my clutch at Napa though and it's a Zoom brand clutch. It was $140 for the whole kit, pretty good deal if you ask me. Already had the trans out once since then, it still looked great.